Will nationals now go on spotbeam?

rayburn45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Will the national channels such as NY, LA go on spotbeam instead of Conus. Wouldn't this improve the bandwith of all the other channels and improve their pics?

It would make sense for them to go to spotbeams and free up more conus bandwidth but I wouldn't expect any picture quality improvement. DISH would add more channels to make more money to offset loss from DNS sales.

Will the national channels such as NY, LA go on spotbeam instead of Conus. Wouldn't this improve the bandwith of all the other channels and improve their pics?

Good question. I am kinda curious about this myself.

I have a feeling that the present dns cities will remain on national beams because I don't think everyone will lose their feeds.
This unpopular thought despite what most other people here are saying.

Optimist huh!

I have a feeling that the present dns cities will remain on national beams because I don't think everyone will lose their feeds.
This unpopular thought despite what most other people here are saying.

I'm afraid the rope on the guillotine has been cut and the blade is now in "free fall" towards Charlie's head that is on the block below. As one with legal waivers for years I won't bore you with what my thoughts for him are at this moment :) Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)