Will NBR on Dish act like my Replaytv?

BigDon

Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Texas
I know that Charlie promised on the last Charlie Chat that my 508 would get Name Based Recording. I was wondering if the NBR on my 508 would act like NBR does on my Replaytv.

The Replaytv knows if a show starts at 7:59 or ends at 9:03 and tapes it all, not just 30 minutes or 60 minutes. I don't have to manually pad the length by a minute or two.

Does the 522 do the same?

Thanks,

Don

I'm not quite sure what you mean...
By default, it records just like that - 1 minute early and 3 minutes later than the show 'should' be on. That's the default - you can change it, but it's a bit of a hassle doing every show say, 2 and 4 mins. So YES, it pads shows.
If you mean it'll record a show that goes over by a few minutes (like if a football game before it runs over), the answer is NO, unless it's in the guide that way (but of course if a football game ran long, it wouldn't be in the guide). It'll catch those 'supersized' episodes that NBC sometimes shows, and it'll get a show that has an hour-long special even though it's normally 30 minutes.

Sorry that I was unclear. I really meant those 'Supersized' shows like NBC has done with Friends, ER and the like.

I know with sporting events that unless I pad it myself I'm out of luck.

Thanks,

Don

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)