Will OTA Splitter Work with Hopper 3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kshaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
We have a condo with a Dishnet 1000.2 antenna feeding two VIP612 receivers and are considering upgrading to a Hopper 3 plus a Joey 3 (LNB Hybrid and Solo hub). Our current system has a Winegard flat antenna in our bayside closet going to a Terk splitter which adds the OTA signals over both satellite cables. We then split the two signals at each receiver. The current setup works great. Can we continue to use this setup if we upgrade to the Hopper 3 or what would we need to do to make it work? Suggested wiring?

Reactions: ouch1234
No that will not work with the H3 system. You cannot diplex over the sat cables due to the H3 using MOCA. You will need to run a separate line from the antenna to the H3. You will also need an OTA dongle to receive your local channels. My suggestion is to get the AirTV dual tuner adapter. It works well and is half the cost of the Dish branded dongle.
Products | AirTV

If I use the AirTV OTA adapter on the Hopper 3, can all the Joey's receive the OTA channels without having an antenna and AirTV of their own?

If I use the AirTV OTA adapter on the Hopper 3, can all the Joey's receive the OTA channels without having an antenna and AirTV of their own?
I received my AirTV OTA adapter yesterday and installed it on the Hopper3, I get all the OTA channels on both of my wireless Joey's . I was a little concerned at first because the channels showed up, but some of the channels weren't showing what was on. I woke up the next morning and everything was just fine. It just took a few hours for everything to load up.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
I received my AirTV OTA adapter yesterday and installed it on the Hopper3, I get all the OTA channels on both of my wireless Joey's .

Is the PQ of the OTA channels through the adapter and into the Hopper 3/Joey as good as straight from a TV/antenna connection? The best PQ of anything short of Bluray is from my antenna/TV connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)