will ps3 be released on time in november?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

will ps3 be released on time?

• Yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
queston is topic. poll included. thought this might be fun since there are so many opinions in the video game section.

i voted no because i just don't see it happening. if it does happen, i think it will be buggy/flawed.

182 days until the end of november.

You mean in reality, shipping? No, I don't think so.
By Christmas, maybe. But even so it'll be shipping in very limited quantities.

Of course, things can turn around and Sony may will meet its deadline but next month and July are critical if Sony will try to make some 'magic move'...

They don't intend to have 20 million consoles on launch day, they intend to have 2, which doesn't take that long to make.

If they hadn't said a date at E3 i'd firmly believe "November" could slip to december, but no later. But they announced a date. Nobody expected that, and for good reason. You can't afford the backlash of announcing a date and having to back off of it, not when 360 is already out and Wii is set to launch before ps3. If people are waiting for PS3, and then it gets delayed, a lot of people will buy another console instead of waiting.

They'll hit it. Again, we're talking about 2 million consoles, it's nothing to sony's manufacturing plants...

I agree with Puro. Sony will absolutely launch in November. The question is will they launch with 2 or 2 million.

Purogamer said:
They don't intend to have 20 million consoles on launch day, they intend to have 2, which doesn't take that long to make.

And...? If they'll launch on 3 continent, that's barely more than half million per CONTINENT - isn't that very limited for you?

BTW you misunderstand something: it's not that long to make but when you're seriously behind your schedule, you either cut corners and will face horrible reviews and returned products, ad absurdum class action suits or you postpone your shipping date by few weeks.

If they hadn't said a date at E3 i'd firmly believe "November" could slip to december, but no later. But they announced a date.

Just like thay announced first "Martch" then "spring" then a big silence and repeated Spring then weeks before end of Spring they announced November X...
:D

Nobody expected that, and for good reason. You can't afford the backlash of announcing a date and having to back off of it, not when 360 is already out and Wii is set to launch before ps3. If people are waiting for PS3, and then it gets delayed, a lot of people will buy another console instead of waiting.

But they already did it, that's the point.

They'll hit it. Again, we're talking about 2 million consoles, it's nothing to sony's manufacturing plants...

? IIRC IBM mfr's Cell and some Toshiba/Sony joint facility will make the GPU if they will ever reach its announced clockspeed... as long as they do not have a prototype, there's nothing to mfr, that's my point. :)

It's June and they still doesn't have a single working prototype.:eek:

mwgiii said:
I agree with Puro. Sony will absolutely launch in November. The question is will they launch with 2 or 2 million.

But that's my point: paper launching (ie 2 or 200,000 units) doesn't count as a real launch in this industry.

This isn't microsoft who has different plants every console, this is sony. They can whip this stuff together very quickly, and probably cut a few corners. 2 Million units and about 25% of that will be the cheaper version with less components in it.

You're not concerned about Nintendo having to push back and for good reason, they're in the same boat as sony, they have dedicated plants and have experience in quickly getting things from the drawing board to the stores.

You don't know what sony has beyond internet speculation. Even if they didn't have a working final system until august, they'd still have plenty of time to make 2 million consoles in time for launch.

Sony already pushed back a few times, and have now announced a date. It will come out on that date, guaranteed. Obviously you'll see very limited quantities but that's just the way the industry is anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts