Will receiver purchased from eBay be covered under DHPP??

WizeGuyDezignz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
San Diego, Cali
I purchased a DVR 522 from eBay that is having problems. I don't think I can get a refund from the seller. With that being said, will Dish replace or troubleshoot my receiver under DHPP? Or am I SOL? Thanks!

Don't know about DHPP but I purchased a new ViP-211K this fall on ebay that had problems and Dish replaced it under warranty (albeit a refurb).

Oh cool. Did they have to come out to your house and check the thing out or did they just send you a new one (refurb)?

Depends. If they can ascertain a specific failure, they will send a replacement. If it' something "gray area", they will send a tech.

IIRC the rule is DHPP covers ALL DISH BRANDED stuff on the account.

As long as it's activated, it should be covered.

(Again, IIRC).

Don't matter where you get the receiver from as long as you have the warranty on your account (DHPP) and you didn't abuse the receiver and put a big ding in it or put something into the receiver if you have it active no your account.

DHPP covers ALL Dish Networked labeled equipment regardless of from where you got it. This coverage is absolute, just as long as everything in your system is either a Dish Network branded part or a Dish Network approved part such as Holland blue colored diplexers or Holland red colored splitters or Eagle Aspen Home Node, etc. A complete list of Dish approved parts is available on the web, but I don't have that link anymore.

If, upon inspection, they find even ONE part that is not Dish Network branded or Dish approved, it will void the warranty and Dish won't pay for the repairs or cost of replacement parts or boxes, etc.

DHPP covers ALL Dish Networked labeled equipment regardless of from where you got it. This coverage is absolute, just as long as everything in your system is either a Dish Network branded part or a Dish Network approved part such as Holland blue colored diplexers or Holland red colored splitters or Eagle Aspen Home Node, etc. A complete list of Dish approved parts is available on the web, but I don't have that link anymore.

If, upon inspection, they find even ONE part that is not Dish Network branded or Dish approved, it will void the warranty and Dish won't pay for the repairs or cost of replacement parts or boxes, etc.

Just to confirm, DHPP includes owned receives out of warranty like the one the OP got from Ebay?

Just to make clear as requested:
Yes, ALL Dish Networked branded equipment or Dish approved parts whether leased or owned by subscriber, even if there was a "lapse" in the original warranty, are covered with DHPP. Once you get DHPP it covers everything: All Dish Network branded and Dish approved parts NO MATTER WHATEVER. As one poster pointed out, it must be activated--the boxes, that is--on your account.

Under DHPP, any of your active boxes will be replaced at no charge and with NO SHIPPING CHARGES. If you don't have DHPP, you will have to pay shipping. In my personal experience, when I had Dish replace my owned box under DHPP, the replacement box was still on my account as owned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts