Will Shaw HD work in UT.

Alrighty - sounds like Shaw Shaw Shaw is the way and only way (especially as Aug 2011 approaches ;-)...VERY much appreciate everything!

The above is with a 60e Dish. We tried an in line amplifier - right after the multiswitch - and another attempt before cable entry into his house - both with no increase on 299 strength. (We did not try 4 amplifiers at the dish as we didn't see much degradation prior to the Multiswitch.)

So the move towards a 75e seems warranted as the most cost effective next move. I've read posts where both Dishes we "professionally algined" side by side and the 75e consistently gave a 10 point increase in signal strength.

You need to put the amplifiers at the dish for them to work properly. A couple of quality, dual in-line amps like the Channel Master 5213IFD should improve your results at the end of a 600' cable more than a 75e dish.

I personally would go with a 75e dish in Utah. I had one here in Minnesota and it was worth it :)

I'm in Denver where the F2 (HD bird) power contours are lower than in Minnesota. I started with a 90 cm dish that worked fine, except for F2 when we had moderate rain. I had a spare 1.2m and put that up instead. Since then we have had no problems at all.

You need to put the amplifiers at the dish for them to work properly. A couple of quality, dual in-line amps like the Channel Master 5213IFD should improve your results at the end of a 600' cable more than a 75e dish.

Thanks for the info but on Page 36 of the Channel Master Accessories book it says in reference to the 5213IFD:

"Care should be taken not to overload the amplifier
(see specifications). Depending upon LNB gain, this will
usually involve leaving a minimum distance of 100 feet of
RG6U between the LNB and the line amplifier."

Hence my confusion as I've seen various insertion points for these devices.:eek:

The CM amp has a very high overload point and will work fine at the dish with the vast, vast majority of LNBs. Lower quality and cost devices are more vulnerable to overload, but placing these at the dish should still be your first step (if it worsens the quality then try it farther away, but this is a likely red flag for a crummy amp). Placing the first amp for a long cable a good distance from the LNB carries a fair amount of risk of compromising the signal and noise performance.

I have a 75 cm Shaw/Starchoice dish in Utah and it works fine. I have to clean the snow off it occasionally but other than that, no problems with signal strength.

gouldke said:
Looking at the Map for BellTV - HD is out without a 6' Dish...Is Shaw the same?

Thanks!!

I live in utah as well, and have had both bell and shaw. I have tried to pm you, but it is not allowing me to. Send me a pm with your email, and I may be able to give you some advice on either provider.

I tried to send a PM as well and get an error the admin won't allow PMs for your user group?

Try again as I do have a cpl questions

Thx!

Live in Denver and used to have Bell. Would like to know what I need to get setup with Shaw. Tried to PM Iceberg but haven't made five posts yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

pendragon, if I would need to go to a 1.2 meter dish to receive Shaw HD without issues here in Denver, where would be the best place to get such hardware to match the receiver?
Thanks,
Kevin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts