Will Sunday Ticket price go down?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dnyce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Atlanta
Anyone know if DirecTV will drop the price of the ST by mid October? I think the special right now is $250. Any chance of it dipping below $200 right around mid season? What did they do last year?
Few more questions...
Is their an HD box that exists where you can use the new interactive features? If not are the new features (8 games on one channel, etc) worth getting a SD Tivo box and giving up HD?

No chance.

If you are lucky, the last six weeks of the season DirecTV runs a special. If you pay the full price of Sunday Ticket, you get the remaining six weeks and all of next season. Since 1998, I've been with DirecTV, and I do not recall any "half season package", other than the one I have provided here.

dnyce said:
Anyone know if DirecTV will drop the price of the ST by mid October? I think the special right now is $250. Any chance of it dipping below $200 right around mid season? What did they do last year?
Few more questions...
Is their an HD box that exists where you can use the new interactive features? If not are the new features (8 games on one channel, etc) worth getting a SD Tivo box and giving up HD?

I know they have an early bird discount or a Sunday Ticket renewer discount but I don't remember them doing a mid-season type discount.

Also at this time there is no HD box that can take advantage of the interactive features. The current R10 model SD Tivo also can not use the interactive features. I do believe you can watch the 8 games on 1 channel with any of the boxes you just won't be able to do any of the interactive stuff. Really the Superfan package was a ripoff this season in my opinion because DirecTV could not deliver a box that could take advantage of the features they are trying to sell, but if you want the Sunday Ticket in HD you have no other option.

Next season or maybe even sometime this season there should be a box or boxes that can take advantage of all the extra features.

that's why they are giving the $99 Credit towards 2006. Cant be a rip off if it's free....actually bettter than free if you renewed it at 49!!

Yes seeing the other thread with the $99 credit helps make this situation much better.

Bottom line is D* should have waited another year to launch this Superfan package or they should have split the HD & Interactive features into seperate options.

CWS_kahuna,

Bottom line is D* should have waited another year to launch this Superfan package or they should have split the HD & Interactive features into seperate options.

I vote for the split and the ability to get the HD portion without the other garbage.

Q.
I got the letter also, about crediting $ 99 towards next years SF package.
Do you need to call them, or is it automatic ?????

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)