will the 722 duo

scsa

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 18, 2006
ever get the new look that the 922 has or will we have to buy a new receiver to get the new look. One thing I love about Direct is that they update all their receivers with one guide and one look like the hd gui. Thanks.

scsa said:
ever get the new look that the 922 has or will we have to buy a new receiver to get the new look. One thing I love about Direct is that they update all their receivers with one guide and one look like the hd gui. Thanks.

Doubt it. Brand new system coming out called the Hopper and Joey. Fast processor, pretty gui.

so basically every receiver is always outdated and never updated at all yet they cost 400 dollars lol ok. Thanks for the help though.

Some older units recd GUI updates. Not much point in it, plus there may be hardware constraints.

$400 eh?

499 for the 922 they said however i bought the sling adapter which should improve dish on demand because anything would help it since right now the on demand on the 722 sucks even with the blockbuster pass.

scsa said:
499 for the 922 they said however i bought the sling adapter which should improve dish on demand because anything would help it since right now the on demand on the 722 sucks even with the blockbuster pass.

By suck, do you mean content, or speed on download?

Some older units recd GUI updates. Not much point in it, plus there may be hardware constraints.
+1 If you think the UI is slow on the 722 now, just imagine how much slower a beefed up 922 UI would be on a 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)