Are they giving Hopper's to new subscribers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

reddice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Forgive me if this was answered somewhere else but I don't want to have to read through pages of posts to find it search just confuses me more.

My uncle who lives in PA just switched form DirecTV to Dish and they said they gave him a new receiver that can record up to six TV's. I talked to him and he said it is the Hopper and has a EA Dish installed. Also since they were both hooked up to SDTV's he does not want to upgrade to a HDTV yet he put his main receiver upstairs and says that the downstairs TV has no receiver. It has to have a Joey.

What I am saying is that is he a early beta tester or are they installing Hoppers for new customers as on the Dish site it just says coming soon. Thanks.

How could you not know, there's been a Hopper Zone for - about an hour! lol,,,,,,, Not to mention when you posted I don't thing it was even created yet...

My uncle who lives in PA just switched form DirecTV to Dish and they said they gave him a new receiver that can record up to six TV's. I talked to him and he said it is the Hopper and has a EA Dish installed.

Your uncle gets the latest/greatest receiver for his SDTVs? :eek: I want to see pictures.

Smith said:
By official response DIRT and CSR, H+J will be out in a few days.

I just talked to Matt a few days ago and they don't have any pricing or release info for the Hopper / Joey, has something changed?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Smitty is apparently taking some joker's word on BSTalk about how "he heard from a CSR who knew nothing about it yet said in a few days it will be out" as gospel :rolleyes:

Pricing and promotional offers for the Hopper have not officially been released. Currently Beta testing is being done internally with DISH employees only.

Forgive me if this was answered somewhere else but I don't want to have to read through pages of posts to find it search just confuses me more.

My uncle who lives in PA just switched form DirecTV to Dish and they said they gave him a new receiver that can record up to six TV's. I talked to him and he said it is the Hopper and has a EA Dish installed. Also since they were both hooked up to SDTV's he does not want to upgrade to a HDTV yet he put his main receiver upstairs and says that the downstairs TV has no receiver. It has to have a Joey.

What I am saying is that is he a early beta tester or are they installing Hoppers for new customers as on the Dish site it just says coming soon. Thanks.

Your uncle is a little confused. I'm guessing he probably got a 622 receiver installed upstairs and the TV2 output with no box is downstairs.

At least I know by myself (not from hear-say ppl) _production_ software for H+J start spooling a couple days ago. That's pretty good sign of near deployment.
As to raymond g ... he is know what he allow to know and he is posting what allow to posting. This time he is missed the train.

Smith said:
At least I know by myself (not from hear-say ppl) _production_ software for H+J start spooling a couple days ago. That's pretty good sign of near deployment.
As to raymond g ... he is know what he allow to know and he is posting what allow to posting. This time he is missed the train.

Me not sure what you mean by your English speaking.

not necessarily. Dish can do software updates to make sure it actually works before deploying it. Plus I believe what a DIRT member says and the info Scott has :)

Just becuase there is production software in the stream does not mean that the receivers have been released to the public. Just curious, is it a global or targeted release? I know that some times in the past they have released targeted production software only to their beta testers. Perhaps this is that?

It's hard to believe they will pass up the "Leap Day" connection. Dish marketing. Sigh.

It's hard to believe they will pass up the "Leap Day" connection. Dish marketing. Sigh.

I still think that they still might. Either a press conference/release party on Feb 29 or an actual release date on the 29th. In reality, it doesn't matter if they don't go out the door until March 1 or a few days later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)