Are they giving Hopper's to new subscribers?

That is true. I would think you'd have better luck going through a retailer. We will not allow our customers to do it though. I'm not doing a service call to a customer for $15 when they installed it themselves. I don't feel that dish should either.

Have never had a service call. Have always fixed whatever needed fixing myself. Have done diagnostics over the phone with Advanced Tech Support in the past and Dish then would send needed replacement equipment for what had failed. I do pay the $6 monthly service fee. I just insist on doing everything myself. That is why I am on this site to stay current.

If you can do a self install just make sure that the line to the Hopper is rated to 3ghz.

It is also better to locate the Duo Node box inside the house, as close to the Hoppers as is practical, so that the signals between the LNBFs, DPP switch, and the Duo Node box which do not exceed 2150 MHZ will have a relatively longer coax run. That way the stacked signals between the Duo Node box that can reach 3GHZ have the shortest possible coax run to the Hoppers. With my wiring plan, the final Duo Node box to Hopper runs will be less than 40 ft each. High frequency attenuation over RG-6U should not be a problem at such short lengths.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)