Are they giving Hopper's to new subscribers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If it ends up being announced/released on Leap Day, what do I win for making the first Leap Day suggestion? :D

I work for satellites unlimited and we start training on hoped and Joey next week I think next month we start installing

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If it ends up being announced/released on Leap Day, what do I win for making the first Leap Day suggestion? :D

pat+self+on+back.bmp

I work for satellites unlimited and we start training on hoped and Joey next week I think next month we start installing
That's an additional confirmation - production boxes are out there, in shipping, so next week first 'users' eg installers will begin working on them.

Question: how long the training will be ? One week ?

Smith said:
That's an additional confirmation - production boxes are out there, in shipping, so next week first 'users' eg installers will begin working on them.

Five weeks.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Fooey. Sat guys can do it after 5 minutes of "training" while looking at the diagram on top of the nodes.

Smith said:

3 days I think we already have the unit sitting in the office they where showing it off at our past safety meeting. But yeah training starts soon then a handful of us are going to start training on the new viasat system which I'm looking toward to that as well

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just a guess, but while the physical wiring and connections appear to be simple, perhaps the devil in the details lies in the activation and configuration of the hopper itself, and handshaking the joeys with it.

GaryPen said:
It sure does. It would be a shame if they don't allow self-installs, which I believe will be the case.
So Claude won't have them for sale, or do you mean just leased equipment will require a 99 dollar visit?

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

The only way you are allowed to do self installs is if you purchase the equipment. I'm guessing the Hopper will sell for $500 to $600.

rdinkel said:
There are always exceptions to the rule. I have never had a tech to my home and have/had several leased DVRs that I self installed.

That is true. I would think you'd have better luck going through a retailer. We will not allow our customers to do it though. I'm not doing a service call to a customer for $15 when they installed it themselves. I don't feel that dish should either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts