Will the Aug. 15 ethernet dial out?

Aug. 15 is wrong its just the usb for external storage thats being activaded? When the ethernet is enabled will it dial out?

Aug. 15 is wrong its just the usb for external storage thats being activaded? When the ethernet is enabled will it dial out?

Ethernet cannot dial anything! It is not compatible with a phone connection! You're trying to breed apples with oranges and the result is NOTHING!!!!

Ethernet cannot dial anything! It is not compatible with a phone connection! You're trying to breed apples with oranges and the result is NOTHING!!!!

I think what he is asking is if the Ethernet is hooked up to the internet via a broadband connection, could it call home to the dish computers, which is basically the same thing that the dial up is doing, just a different way of doing it.

The answer is yes it could, if it were set up to do it that way. They could set up the EPG to update over the internet, etc, etc, etc. They could also have a local radar updated instantly through the internet. Basically, what they could do with the Ethernet connection is only limited by the hardware, programing and the bandwidth available.

I read a training manual published by dish that indicated that the Ethernet port shall be used in the future to allow a second receiver to share a telephone connection vie Ethernet, it made no sense to me why they would do that. I wish I could be more specific but it has been quite a while since I read it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts