Will the Hopper 3 restore the data from two Hoppers?

dsheri

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
Tallapoosa, GA
Since I have read that they will have allow me a have two Hopper 3, will it merge the data from two hoppers to one Hopper 3? BTW I have the original Hoppers. Thanks

Hard to answer.

You can backup and restore timers from one Hopper to the Hopper 3 but it will not restore the timers from two Hoppers.

I am not sure if the Ethernet transfer option will be available at launch to copy over all your recordings. When that feature is available you can transfer your recordins from both Hoppers. But best bet is to get an external hard drive and back up what you want from both Hoppers.

Reactions: Tron2012
I should have been more specific since I am a technical manager, lol. I am only interesting in restoring the timers from both hoppers to the new Hopper 3

Dish didn't, and I don't blame them one bit, didn't incorporate a "merge" function for the 'restore settings' feature. Why ? Because only a tiny number of customers have more than one Hopper.

Thanks to Scott and the other guys on this forum. I used to list to Scott on the live stream and then I came back to Dish for the 922 and then upgraded to the Hopper. You should think about starting a podcast with all the expertise that you have from these members.

Any updates on this now that the Hopper 3 is out? What if you pair an old remote, restore timers, unpair, pair another remote and restore timers again? Does each restore wipe out the existing timers ?

Thanks.

Thanks. Sorry, I did see that this has been covered in a couple of other threads.

Shoot, sure seems like it should be possible to Dish to add an option to not clear existing timers when restoring from a remote.

Yep. But I'm sure it's WAY down the list. In volume three, right after adding specific OTA channels and just before the 721 USB keyboard.
:)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)