Will the Hopper Skip commercials feature be added to the 722k or other receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't see why they would do it even if they could. PTAT is one of the selling points of the Hopper.

There were talks of the AutoHop-like functionality possibly being enabled on the older dual tuners (Probably just 722/722k/922) however not much has been said since then and that was at least 2-3 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Well there is the tiny little matter of litigation to be dealt with.Not saying it will be made available to 722's but if Dish prevails against the big4 then it would certainly increase the odds of it happening.

Does anybody know how PTAT and Autohop works? Are there compression algorithms running? How does the Hopper know when to skip commercials? Is there a PTAT team at Dish that hand deletes commercials ;)

I can imagine employees skipping ahead toward the spot where the commercial is then marking the spot to skip instead of watching entire programs to take up less of the employees time to save money on labor cost.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)