Will the HR20 & R15 still work with Service on "Vacation Hold"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

msajeff

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Illinois
With locals unavailable and reception not that great, I have decided to have cable installed in order to catch all of the local NFL games in HD.

My Situation: Moved from Orlando to IL last month. Went to DTV last year for the ST/SF to see my Bears games in HD. Without HD locals here and a bunch of issues with the installation, DTV gave me the new sub ST deal and free SF so that I could see the Bears in HD (last year the HD games were not blacked out in the local team territories.) DTV can not get a tech out to check the dish until next Wednesday...at which time I would already be locked into the 4 installments for ST. So I could either take my chances that they could fix the issue AND that the local games will still be available on the SF HD or be assured that I will get the games in HD as well as locals from cable.

I was going to cancel and since I have a $137 credit on my account, just have them deduct the $125 cancellation fee from that. However I realized that I could cancel ST and lock myself in with cable before Sunday yet still have them come out and check the alignment next week. I'd keep it active for a few days so I knew if it fixed the issue. If so, I'd likely suspend the account until after the Super Bowl (or until they put the locals up on the sat) and then dump cable. If the realignment doesn't help a thing, I will likely just pay the cancellation fee.

Questions: Is the maximum suspension time 9 months (as I have read on DBS?) With the account on a "vacation suspension" could I still watch the programs that are already on the DVRs? And a bit less of a concern, could I still use the OTA tuners to pick up the HD signals Comcast doesn't carry?

With the account on a "vacation suspension" could I still watch the programs that are already on the DVRs? And a bit less of a concern, could I still use the OTA tuners to pick up the HD signals Comcast doesn't carry?
While the DVR features will work for a while, they will reportedly expire in a few weeks. The OTA tuner issue is one that seems to be up in the air with some of the latest CE software releases, but I would expect that it too will expire.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)