Will the HWS ever get the CUI?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
From what I'm told it will be available for the original Hopper as well as the HWS. Things have changed. :)

And I don't get the exact meaning of the term 'available' either, but Scott said in another post that it will be forced so that's probably what's going to happen.

When someone holds a loaded gun to your head the bullets are available.

I can't say for sure, but to see if they are, you first have to PAUSE playback and then hit the FF button. Like you, we rarely used them.

The 4X FF being gone is odd. A deal-breaker ? That's laughable.
I ,Just like you never use the slow-motion function, and the 4x, well cant say anyone complained in our house since its been gone ,going on about 7 months.

From this U213 software that still has issues on my H2s are.
Blank screen no audio, or Picture and no Audio from exiting apps.

Still has Guide issues when expanding or collapsing RSNs, Music channels and Internationals.
You lose the cursor... and the ability to select a channel.

Still grabs Tuners you are watching live tv on to record ,even if 2 are still available.

Still no PTA sharing.
Those are the only ones that bug me.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

That's strange that they removed it. My first thought was, I'd bet that only 5% of customers even use it, first off. It's almost a secret-key-combination to use it anyway ! Is it code that they don't want to maintain ? Did it go away from the CUI from the first release ? Is it gone from the Hopper 3 ? If it's on the H3, it's likely to return to the HWS.

Will this still work:
Using your Hopper Remote do the following:
- Press Menu
- Select Settings
- Select Diagnostics
- Select Updates
- Press the Play button twice
- Press Recall
- Select Download Now
- Let it do its thing, do not interrupt it.

Would I get the latest revision or the original version?

Will this still work:
Using your Hopper Remote do the following:
- Press Menu
- Select Settings
- Select Diagnostics
- Select Updates
- Press the Play button twice
- Press Recall
- Select Download Now
- Let it do its thing, do not interrupt it.

Would I get the latest revision or the original version?
You would get U213 if its a Hopper2.
H1 probably nothing at all will happen.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I checked mydish account and the voice 50.0 is still not listed. I wonder if DISH will let us HWS customers purchase the voice remote when the new CUI is official!

I checked mydish account and the voice 50.0 is still not listed. I wonder if DISH will let us HWS customers purchase the voice remote when the new CUI is official!
Is the UI the only ting that is necessary to make it work with the HWS?

Has anyone had the CUI involuntarily downloaded onto their HWS yet?

Maybe it's going to be a bad weekend. Or maybe they just want to get past Labor Day.

The UI is required, plus the Hopper has to be connected to the Internet for the voice functions to work.
Just had a tech out at my house today fixing a problem with my connections and he said the voice remote works on the hws as long as you have carbon. Said he currently has one on his hws with carbon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BUT< did he download it or did Dish do it to him?
He said he had downloaded it but when he saw my hws with carbon he thought dish had done it this morning because he said he heard it was supposed to start pushing out this weekend and so did his boss to which I informed him no I had downloaded it awhile back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's unlikely they will push it out on a weekend, let alone a long holiday weekend. Well, again, the way multiple people have worded it, based on "official" word from Dish, it's likely to be a prompt asking the user if they want to download it. Nothing will be forced at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)