Will the HWS ever get the CUI?

Let us pray for a slow, interrupted roll out, based on reports of H3 s/w problems.

Second Hopper with Sling did not get the CUI update this morning.
It will.
Don't worry.
Mine happened within a few days.
The nightly update forced it automatically.
Do you have Joeys?
If so they will also change to the new UI.

It is connected to the same system yes?

Yeah, I have two Hopper with Slings and one Joey 1.0 all connected on the same network. Hopper #1 and the Joey are upgraded to CUI U221. Hopper #2 is running S541 (ironically, #2 says that it received S541 on 11/02 at about 1:49am)
Now just so you know, if you link that joey to the Hopper with S541 you wont have any guide data or be able to view recordings.

The Joeys with New UI, aren't compatible with Hoppers with Old UI.
I believe the recordings can't be accessed from the old UI to the New, or Vise versa. Can't remember off hand.
The Joeys can though.

I had one of my HWS fail and installed the replacement yesterday. It got the new UI and my other HWS has not updated yet. You definitely cannot view recording from the old version with the new version.

Anyone know if there is a way to force the update? I already tried rebooting.

I had one of my HWS fail and installed the replacement yesterday. It got the new UI and my other HWS has not updated yet. You definitely cannot view recording from the old version with the new version.

Anyone know if there is a way to force the update? I already tried rebooting.
Give it a few days with all receivers in standby when not in use and the other one should update....

After waiting from Tuesday to Sunday for my 2nd Hopper with Sling to update itself to U221, I decided to manually push U221 to it. I used the key press sequence and it worked like a charm. Within about 30 minutes, my 2nd Hopper with Sling was up and running on U221 as well, and I can now view recordings once again from both Hoppers. So far, I like the look and feel of the new software, however, it does seem sluggish at points, but everything appears to be working fine, including my external hard drives.

Has anyone else received the upgrade to U221 automatically. Seems like a slow rollout.
It is unusual that no one else has rec'd it automatically or at least reported it here. Now, an update like this will definitely be done very slowly anyway.

There used to be a key press sequence but I think it may not work anymore

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Using your Hopper Remote do the following:
- Press Menu
- Select Settings
- Select Diagnostics
- Select Updates
- Press the Play button twice
- Press Recall
- Select Download Now
- Let it do its thing, do not interrupt it.

Try it, you may Like it. I like the current interface. I am in no hurry to change!

Using your Hopper Remote do the following:
- Press Menu
- Select Settings
- Select Diagnostics
- Select Updates
- Press the Play button twice
- Press Recall
- Select Download Now
- Let it do its thing, do not interrupt it.

Try it, you may Like it. I like the current interface. I am in no hurry to change!

Remember, though, once downloaded you cannot go back to the older interface.

Reactions: navychop
Try it, you may Like it. I like the current interface.
I've been using the new interface for a week before it was posted here on how to get it ;) An installer told me about it but also said not to post it publicly, which I respected. I did tell Scott about it in a PM before he knew of it. Not long after, someone else posted the steps here....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)