Will this work?? Can't see any Sats

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gizo157973

Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
pa
I have a Dish 500 with a dish pro plus twin lnbf. I also have a dish 500 with a single dish pro lnbf for HD. I have a vip 722 reciever. I was looking to add a dp301 to this setup. I can't get the dp301 to see any sattelites. i did a check switch but it doesn't show any satellites found.

The DPP twin lnb has two outputs and one input. The wing dish for HD should be connected to the input and your 722 should be connected to one of the outputs. You need to run a cable from the other output to the new receiver.

That is the way i have cabled up. I have two RG6 lines coming down from the dish 500. One is hooked up to 722 and the other is hooked up to the 301.

It's either a bad cable/connector or lnb. Try switching the receivers to opposite connectors and see if the 722 stops working. If it does it's the lnb.

seriously doubt its a bad lnb. dpp twin almost never go bad on only one port.
bad receiver maybe
or bad cable, or connector, or even ground block.
you can try the 301 at the 722 location. that should tell you more.

To ask a stupid question: you are connecting the sat cable to the sat port and not the RF output?
Otherwise, inspect the cables for shorts--try disconnecting both ends and use a VOM on ohms--open circuit.
Then connect to receiver and check at LNB for say 14-20V, AC/DC?
-Ken

I found the problem. I made an ASSumption that i used couplers between RG6 cables. Well, i used a diplexer once for an antenna. I had it plugged in to the TV side and not the sat side.

One last question; Will a single dp301 run on a DPP twin lnb without another DPP reciever? This setup is for my camper. i was just testing it with my house installation.

Thanks everyone for the great information!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)