Will this work??????????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

McVey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
My setup is the ka/ku dish and 2 h20's and no multiswitch. Well with football season coming up i have to have both boxes in my basement so i can watch two games at once. Well i know you cant just use a reguler splitter to split a line so what are my options. I know I know "run another line" the problem is the way my basement is it cant be done. Can i just put a multiswitch in my basement or will a multiswitch work with only 1 line coming in. There has to be a way to take one line and split it into 2.

THANKS!!.

There has to be a way to split a single line into 2. I have done research but no luck so any help would be greatly apreciated..

You sure can if the splitter meets freq range requirements. I have the same SWM setup and highly recommend it. I sure wish I would have got mine for this cheap. I paid over $200 for the same 3 pieces of equipment. Make sure you of course have the Slimline dish.

1 line into the home connected to a power inserter
1 line from the inserter to a splitter
1 line from the splitter to each receiver.

You can split wherever you would like a standard cable setup up to 8 tuners consecutively being used.

Ya i would have to get a slimline for that new lnb.( more trouble then its worth) I called D* and that said there is a displexer that i can buy from best buy that will work. I also found something in another thread about a stacker/de-stacker and a displexer. All the help is greatly apreciated!! .

Ya i would have to get a slimline for that new lnb.( more trouble then its worth) I called D* and that said there is a displexer that i can buy from best buy that will work. I also found something in another thread about a stacker/de-stacker and a displexer. All the help is greatly apreciated!! .

I'm not aware of any Diplexer that would do what you want, without causing periodic searching for sat signals. You used to be able to diplex in OTA with the D* feed, but you can't now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)