This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Will this work??????????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

McVey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
My setup is the ka/ku dish and 2 h20's and no multiswitch. Well with football season coming up i have to have both boxes in my basement so i can watch two games at once. Well i know you cant just use a reguler splitter to split a line so what are my options. I know I know "run another line" the problem is the way my basement is it cant be done. Can i just put a multiswitch in my basement or will a multiswitch work with only 1 line coming in. There has to be a way to take one line and split it into 2.

THANKS!!.

There has to be a way to split a single line into 2. I have done research but no luck so any help would be greatly apreciated..

You sure can if the splitter meets freq range requirements. I have the same SWM setup and highly recommend it. I sure wish I would have got mine for this cheap. I paid over $200 for the same 3 pieces of equipment. Make sure you of course have the Slimline dish.

1 line into the home connected to a power inserter
1 line from the inserter to a splitter
1 line from the splitter to each receiver.

You can split wherever you would like a standard cable setup up to 8 tuners consecutively being used.

Ya i would have to get a slimline for that new lnb.( more trouble then its worth) I called D* and that said there is a displexer that i can buy from best buy that will work. I also found something in another thread about a stacker/de-stacker and a displexer. All the help is greatly apreciated!! .

I'm not aware of any Diplexer that would do what you want, without causing periodic searching for sat signals. You used to be able to diplex in OTA with the D* feed, but you can't now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.