Will this work?

Atizman3

Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Arizona
Would like input / feedback on the setup I am envisioning.

Layout schematic.jpg

I'm remodeling, as part of the process I am adding some capability so would like some feedback on my setup.

This is my first post so will try to upload a diagram of what I want to do and would appreciate feedback on whether I am on the right track.

View attachment 119287

Would like input / feedback on the setup I am envisioning.

View attachment 119291

I don't think it going to get any better answers to post the same thing twice in different threads....

Reactions: Tampa8
Welcome to SatGuys! :)

Wouldn't it be simpler (and cheaper?) to go with a Hopper 3 with OTA module and three Joeys of some flavor?

Welcome to SatGuys! :)

Wouldn't it be simpler (and cheaper?) to go with a Hopper 3 with OTA module and three Joeys of some flavor?
Certainly less expensive, but the H3 solution only gives you one OTA channel at a time. The OP's original diagram gives him one OTA per receiver (assuming the all have OTA tuners). While it's true you can get the main broadcast channels via satellite, this isn't always true for the sub-channels. It all depends on how important OTA is to the OP.

With the H3, you could still route OTA to each TV but would need to run separate coax as the diplexers may have issues with the H3 satellite connection and/or MOCA.

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)