Will unactive reciever tell me if I have signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Well I'm going to be installing a Dish 1000 sometime soon and I don't have a signal meter. What I've done in the past with installs was taken my 301 outside with a portable tv and just watch until it gets signal. Well I have since taken both my 301's off of my account and replaced them. I'm wondering if I take one of them outside will it tell me if I have signal even though I don't have it activated? Or will I have to take a active reciever out?

Also on another note I looked for the settings for the dish I looked in my 721 and put my zip code but when I selected what dish it didn't have the Dish 1000. Is it the same settings as the Superdish? It had that a Dish 500 and 300 listed.

the settings would be close to that for a dish300 pointed at 119, with slightly higher skew than it tells you for a dish500.

yes a deactivated receiver still functions as a signal meter and will get 101 and various other "free" channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)