Will we be blessed with Maria Sharapova in HD?????

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Anyone know if the women's Wimbledon final will be in HD?!?!?!?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(yeah yeah...she's only 17......but remember, that's considered legal in many countries ;) )

barth, nah..just move temporarily to one of those other countries where it's legal...then come back here when she's 18. Problem solved.

And no HD?!?!?!? :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I only caught a few minutes of the match today. They were zoomed in on her once while I was lucky enough to be watching, and she bent over giving a pretty blatant cleavage shot. About 2 seconds later, the camera started to zoom in and up... :no

After all, it is NBC. US Golf Open not in HD, Wimbeldon not in HD. They claim Olympics will be in HD.

lostcause said:
Anyone know if the women's Wimbledon final will be in HD?!?!?!?
:D
(yeah yeah...she's only 17......but remember, that's considered legal in many countries ;) )
Wouldn't she look sweet in HD ;) Ok, I admit it, I'm a dirty old man. :p

Attachments

• hongkong0416.jpg
    hongkong0416.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 271
ddeloach1228 said:
After all, it is NBC. US Golf Open not in HD, Wimbeldon not in HD. They claim Olympics will be in HD.

Olympics in HD are on a 24 hr delay, so you'll have already seen it is SD. What an F'n joke.

wait are you saying the hd coverage is even MORE delayed than their usual delayed crap? WTF? are they afraid somebody may actually WATCH?

I'm still not watching their SD crap.

Is everyone sure that's how the Olympic coverage is going to work. Say today a US Olympian wins a gold medal. In the US, we usually see it 24 hours later because of the time difference and the need to show it in primtime when the most people are watching. I don't believe for a second that NBC is going to show it once in SD and then 48 hours after it happens again in HD.

I mean is everyone sure this 24 hour delay, isn't exactly the same delay that we deal with during every Non North American Olympics?

wasch I'm confused by the links does that mean that we (since I think your in S. Fla also) will get the Olympics via our standard NBC 6 tower in HD 24 hours a day in a 1 day delay?

I'm actually in DC. The way I understand it is that the analog broadcast and the digital broadcasts will be different. NBC via analog OTA or cable will be completely different coverage then the digital channel. Some affiliates may multi cast using sub channels and broadcast both via the digital channel. My local NBC station doesn't run sub channels, which has me concerned because I don't know if NBC has issued some sort of memo or policy letter forcing the affiliates to broadcast only the HD show on the digital channel. It shouldn't be a 24 hour delay either. The delay will most likely only be the time difference based on geography so that the majority of the broadcast will be in prime time. I've seen two commercials on TV so far talking about the HD coverage, it should be impressive. Although, we should probably be prepared for the worst...that way we won't be disappointed.

Ah, yeah same here NBC sometimes doesn't have sub channels, also I'm not sure if I've ever seen anything in HD from NBC 6 here ... hmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)