will we ever have program information for...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Holistic Television Network and Classic Arts Showcase? I think they're the only channels (other than 100% informercials) that don't have it yet, aren't they?

Don't know about Holistic, but Classic Arts is only at 148 (and maybe 61.5?) I used to have a dish pointed at 148 just to get CAS, but I moved it to 129.

In any case, there wouldn't be any point to EPG info on CAS. It's basically a music video channel for short classical , opera, ballet, ect clips. There are no definable "programs" on it.

Yes, Classic Arts is also available on 61.5

From http://www.classicartsshowcase.org/faq.html :

We do not publish a program guide because our weekly 8 hour show is downlinked by hundreds of channels across the country at different times, with different schedules, and we can never tell you when any particular clip will play in any particular area. Also, if people knew what was coming up they would only watch clips they like, and perhaps never try anything new. Surprise is an important part of our strategy of creating a new audience for the arts.

Purogamer said:
I have the Holistic Television Network and a Classic Arts Showcase??

Hmm, learn something new everyday...

I knew those were on there before I subscribed. What surprised me was that I have China TV in Spanish and French in addition to the English feed. :D Oh well, at least it has program information...

The Holistic Television Network is only at 61.5 and 148 on channel 9417. I have never been able to find a website for them. When they started, they ran yoga videos on a loop. Now, yoga appears only occasionally, as the bulk of the programming seems to be old PBS nutrition and healthy living type of shows. Occasionally, I have also found a Christian-themed interview show, but not very often.

One wonders how HTVN 9417 stays in business? They don't seem to have any commercials, they barely have station breaks. Never any pledge drives like LinkTV and FSTV. Then again, they can't be spending much money for the old reruns they're showing.

At least if they stuck to some kind of regular programming schedule, and published it in either the on-screen guide or at a website, then I could make some use of their channel. As it is, it's a waste of a PI channel, IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts