Will you buy an Apple Watch?

Will you buy the first version of the Apple Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters
All the same, I want the pitchfork and flaming torches concession outside Apple HQ!

MAJOR feature for many. I’d think a full or nearly full refund is reasonable.

I’d certainly not consider an AW without blood oxygen sensing. But heck, I’m waiting for BP. Gonna be a long wait.

Ok, I went back and redid some smartwatch research. The apps seem sparse. I looked particularly at Vital, but it and many or all others actually go by PTT. Pulse Transit Time. Not quite as accurate. Meant for detecting large variances? And Vital says they can be more accurate than the manual test in a doctor’s office. White coat syndrome. With BS like that, why would I believe their other claims?

And they have rules like this, to which I might as well use the cuff:
IMG_6128.jpeg

Not sure which ones will transmit data to my doc in a compatible format.

I didn't say "highly rated". I said "FDA approved". The watch I was referring to is the Omron HeartGuide.

Given all the physical preparations required to use these solutions and admonitions about where they shouldn't be used, it makes more sense to just use a cuff and be done with it.

Reactions: TheForce
I've been using "Watch for Tesla" app for several years now that does an excellent job of tracking my battery state of charge and can even control many functions in the car remotely the same as my iphone. Allows one more key to operate the Tesla.

Two months ago they released an update to the app which was supposed to improve a few minor things that I never saw relevant to my needs. However, ever since, it frequently loses connection or loses the key to authenticate access to the Teslas and the only repair seems to be to uninstall everything and reinstall and then reauthenticate with Tesla account. Rebooting the watch and the iphone doesn't help. This morning it just quit working again and now the button to "reauthenticate" the app is grayed out. Sent in a trouble ticket but haven't heard back yet other than to acknowledge receiving my report.

I checked and there is a competitive app that used to be inferior but now seems to be equally good. It also lists a bug fix that addresses the need to constantly re-authenticate with your Tesla account. Seems this may be a Tesla change that is messing with the 3rd party apps and this new app "Watchla" has already resolved the problem. I installed it and it is working fine. Cost of Watchla was just $6.99 so it doesn't break the bank and I use this access on my watch all the time. Glad to have a backup for something I feel lost without.

I've been using "Watch for Tesla" app for several years now that does an excellent job of tracking my battery state of charge and can even control many functions in the car remotely the same as my iphone. Allows one more key to operate the Tesla.

Two months ago they released an update to the app which was supposed to improve a few minor things that I never saw relevant to my needs. However, ever since, it frequently loses connection or loses the key to authenticate access to the Teslas and the only repair seems to be to uninstall everything and reinstall and then reauthenticate with Tesla account. Rebooting the watch and the iphone doesn't help. This morning it just quit working again and now the button to "reauthenticate" the app is grayed out. Sent in a trouble ticket but haven't heard back yet other than to acknowledge receiving my report.

I checked and there is a competitive app that used to be inferior but now seems to be equally good. It also lists a bug fix that addresses the need to constantly re-authenticate with your Tesla account. Seems this may be a Tesla change that is messing with the 3rd party apps and this new app "Watchla" has already resolved the problem. I installed it and it is working fine. Cost of Watchla was just $6.99 so it doesn't break the bank and I use this access on my watch all the time. Glad to have a backup for something I feel lost without.
I downloaded both of those apps a few months ago. I've experienced the same issues with Watch For Tesla. The biggest thing I didn't like was that I always had to open the app on my watch when I approached the vehicle for it's key to work. I have two complications on my watch face for Watch For Tesla, but it still wouldn't unlock the car without manually opening the app.

I may give Watchla a try, just hate learning new apps every time one of them has a brain fart.

Well the S is in the shop today for PPF and the Y is on the road so I can't test Watchla for BT unlocking yet. I'll keep you posted when I get that key connection set up with BT.

The one problem I haven't figured out yet is how to switch Teslas in the watch. Only can do it in the iphone app so that is one inconvenience. In Watch for Tesla you go to settings and choose vehicle then "activate"

Update- found it- swipe up from the bottom and select vehicle in under preferences. :)

My battery goes to 8% in the afternoon to evening, time for a battery as I have the 38mm and don't want to go any bigger.
I have the Ultra 2 and took me only a few days to get used to the larger size. I bought a Titanium metal band which made the difference. Easier to read and much longer battery life. If I put it on charge for 15 minutes while in the shower I get three days before needing the full charge. My big drain is a 2 hour workout app running and I wear it with the sleep app at night. Otherwise it would likely last me another day. I also track the stock market.

Reactions: Foxbat
I wish you well.

Someday, rather than taking off the watch for surgery, they may tap into it.

Reactions: dfergie