Will you watch/use the TVGuide Channel??

jeffwtux said:
Do you plan to use the new TV Guide Channel or just the EPG

I might look at the TV guide Channel once to see what it looks like. Probably will hide it from then on. :yes

I never use the TV guide channel, even on analog cable. Takes forever to scroll to the area I'm interested in, and then there is no way to drill down for program details.

Isn't it that same funky scrolling thing they have on cable? Why would we want to take a step backwards and use that? Even my old 2700 has a better guide than that.

I suppose it might be good for those who have recently switched over from cable, giving them an easier transition. Once you start using that interactive guide its hard to go back!

I travel alot, and when I turn on TV in the hotel and all they have is the TV guide channel I get so irritated by how slow it is. It takes 5 minutes to scroll thru and by then I've missed the beginning of the show I finally picked.

Is it true that TV guide will now provide the data for the EPG?

At least we should be able to hide it.

Who was the guy who checked that he/she will only use the TV Guide Channel? Was it because:

1. Slipped accidentally checked the wrong button?
2. Felt that the option 3 was lonely.
3. Works for TV Guide and doesn't want to be fired.
4. Likes watching paint dry?

jeffwtux said:
Who was the guy who checked that he/she will only use the TV Guide Channel? Was it because:

1. Slipped accidentally checked the wrong button?
2. Felt that the option 3 was lonely.
3. Works for TV Guide and doesn't want to be fired.
4. Likes watching paint dry?
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
The TV Guide channel is so antiquated, why is Dish even bothering? I'll bet it's to make the recent cable converts feel at home. :D

Maybe someone is so used to it that it is what they are comfortable with using or want to watch the previews of the shows.

Everyone will probably at least be looking at the guide one time to see what it is like, but after that, it will most likely be those that do not know how to work the EPG.

What really sucks with the TV Guide channel is that only half the screen shows the info and if you blink, the show you were waiting for goes by and you have to wait another 1/2 hour for it to show up. I think it would be much more useful without all the garbage and video on the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts