Windows 8.1 Update 1 released, now available for download

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah it's due out today my guess is it will be later this afternoon..

For those of you with TechNet or MSDN it was available yesterday.

I decided to load this on my main workstation today. I popped in a new Intel 530 240GB SSD. I copied the installer to my WDS server yesterday, so I installed it via PXE.

Total install time: Less than 10 minutes!!!

Power on to domain logon screen: 14 seconds!

Now Ill spend the next two days installing all my apps and getting everything set up the way I want. The new Start menu is a HUGE improvement. Ill give it a day or two before I decide if Im going to install Start8 or not.

Power on to domain logon screen: 14 seconds!

Now Ill spend the next two days installing all my apps and getting everything set up the way I want. The new Start menu is a HUGE improvement. Ill give it a day or two before I decide if Im going to install Start8 or not.

I have a test PC that I have not installed start8 on to see how it goes. The new start menu makes it much nicer, still not as nice as start8, but at least useful enough to get by with. If they had released this to start with, MS probably would not have suffered the backlash.

For Windows 8 Pro its a 3.5 GIG update! (Eek!)

Yeah going from Win 8 to Win 8.1 about 2-3GB but folks that are looking to upgrading to Windows 8 you can get Windows 8.1 now. The Spring update or newest update to 8.1 is about 600MB might be more if your on Pro but not much it should be under 1GB for everyone.

FYI...

If doing a fresh install, there is an ISO available for Windows 8.1 with the April 2014 update: en_windows_8.1_with_update_x64_dvd_4065090.iso

No additional updates after the install!

Sure wish Microsoft would come out with an SP2 for Windows 7. Way too many updates after doing a clean install of Windows 7 with SP1. This is why I do Windows images.

Is Windows 8.1 with the update worth it?

Sure wish Microsoft would come out with an SP2 for Windows 7. Way too many updates after doing a clean install of Windows 7 with SP1. This is why I do Windows images.

Been on Windows 8 since it got released no major issue 8.1 been the same no issues and I like the option they added with 8.1 to boot to desktop instead of the new start up screen.

Yes everything is smoother and faster. Also everybody that said they hate 8 because of the new tiled screen...well don't use it just boot to desktop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)