Windows Media Center and Voom Local Listings?

GreatMac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Does anyone have a solution for the lack of local listings in the MCE guide? It seems like it would be an easy thing to fix, but nobody has done it.

It is a deal-breaker for some in the HTPC community though, who would otherwise be Voom subscribers.

Try tgb.com there is a reg hack that let you have both listings. I used the HDTV Wonder for local so I can record in HD.

I was frustrated with this one, too. I think until M-Soft adds the local areas into the guide on their end, (like with D* and cable) you're out of luck.

It is possible to add channels and set recurring record times... which is what I had to do to get locals to record.

Either way, until they fix the stb to allow direct access to ota channel numbers, your mce box won't be able to tune local channels right.

No way to enter 2-3 or 44-5

It will tune to the first (primary) channel...but not the sub-channels. I know since I just watched "Judge Judy" that I recorded from channel 17-1. So, the no OTA guide thing is a nuisance, but you can work around it

roachxp said:
Try tgb.com there is a reg hack that let you have both listings. I used the HDTV Wonder for local so I can record in HD.

I've searched on tgb, but nothing came up. Do you have a thread pointer or a "how to"? It would be really helpful. Do you have to use two tuner cards to make it work?

Wow, nobody uses Voom with MCE?!!!

If you do and if you have both an analog and a HD tuner cards, do you get the local OTA guide in addition to the Voom guide on your HD card?

I use VOOM with SageTV. I use the xmltv plugin and a fake svideo connector to merge voom guide and the ota guide into one.

The problem ended up that there is no way to allow a pc to tune a channel on the ota with mce or sagetv or beyond media.

You cannot enter the sub channel number!

Like 2-2, 44-3, etc

It will always go to the first 44 or the first 2, so no unattended recording can be done!

I wish they would address this some way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts