Windows Media Center?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Does anyone know what use there is for Windows Media Center.When we moved into the new house we purchased a few new computers,the one that I use is HP m7357c Media Center PC(I normally do not buy computers-build instead-that way you don't have all the crap in a pre-bilt) has a 920 dual core Pentium chip,had a 300GB drive but now has another 300 in it for 600 total,3gigs of ram,GeForce 6200 with TurboCache(not much but easly upgraded)
After reading through some of the info it looks like hooking it to a TV is okay to record SD not HD and showing slide shows,I have to be missing something here,if not and that is all it is good for then it's time for a wipe and reinstall(getting all of HP's crap out and letting the power out for other purposes(give it to the kids for gaming)Not a big deal either way got it a Costco for just under 1000.00.
If anyone has a bit more insight and can share it would be great,other wise I guess it's off to the Media Center Forums,this is a good enough forum and don't need more to visit

It has a HD card,but still doesn't seem worth it to have the crap hogging room just to record OTA and put on a slide show to bore family and friends.The SA 8300 HD DVR's we have do the recording and since we have thier top service pak for tv and Internet they waived the DVR fees for 18 months

Windows

I've been looking into a DVD recorder to transfer our home videos to DVD. Then my son told me he can do that with his computer, which has Windows Media Center and some sort of adapter. I'll find out more when he comes home from college in a couple weeks. At least I won't have to buy a DVD recorder now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)