Windstream dropping Dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TomT127

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
Sugar Land, TX
Was informed today that Windstream, whom I had a bundle package through with Dish for years is dropping Dish and going with Direct TV. I was saving an extra $5 a month with the bundle deal. Not a big loss but liked paying for everything at once. The reason I went with Dish to begin with was because Windstream offered it. I knew nothing about satellite TV service at the time. Only knew I had to rid myself of Comcast cable. Guess this is a sign of things to come.

Reactions: TheKrell
Was informed today that Windstream, whom I had a bundle package through with Dish for years is dropping Dish and going with Direct TV. I was saving an extra $5 a month with the bundle deal. Not a big loss but liked paying for everything at once. The reason I went with Dish to begin with was because Windstream offered it. I knew nothing about satellite TV service at the time. Only knew I had to rid myself of Comcast cable. Guess this is a sign of things to come.

Now's your chance to call Dish, explain what's happening ("I'm losing my bundle discount because....") BUT, then tell them you'd "love to stay with Dish, if I could just get the same discount. Can you do anything to please help me?"

I bet they'll set you up nicely. Nothing to lose, and everything to gain. That is, if you really would prefer to stay with them.

A month doesn't go by where I don't get an offer from Directv, $35 a month for 12 months and a $300 Visa Card. they are practically giving the service away. It has no sports channels like ESPN, which is fine with me, I never watch it.

The price goes to $78 after 12 months, by that time you can pay $240 to break the contract if you aren't satisfied.

Are you a Dish dealer? Am I costing you money by telling people about good deals?

You are not a DISH subscriber but you continuously troll the DISH Network Support Forum with nothing but DISH bashing and feeble attempts to try to get people to hate DISH and/or drop their subscriptions. I don't know your motivation but obviously you have some kind of problem. You aren't telling anybody about 'good deals', you're trolling with mostly bad information. That $300 gift card is not a general offer. I'm guessing that if DirecTV sends you offers like you claim they do then you don't subscribe to that service either so I don't see how you serve any purpose here at all other than to troll and make trouble.

And again, PLEASE GO AWAY!

A month doesn't go by where I don't get an offer from Directv, $35 a month for 12 months and a $300 Visa Card. they are practically giving the service away. It has no sports channels like ESPN, which is fine with me, I never watch it.

The price goes to $78 after 12 months, by that time you can pay $240 to break the contract if you aren't satisfied.

I don’t know where your seeing a $300 Visa card.

I get them all the time as well. They want me as a customer now more than when I was their actual customer. It's too bad they're just as horrible as Dish, otherwise I'd switch back.

You’re not real smart are you? I’ll bet you got beat up a lot as a kid

The $300 card offer I'm still getting from DTV to come back and it's been almost 3 years now. When I had to pack my 2-purchased HR24-500's up and mail back after years of being a loyal customer was the final straw. (I left because they offered no locals after moving to Nebraska)
I warned them, they were losing a customer for life if the HR24's don't stay in my possession. Not only did I purchase outright when first released costing around $500, but I also paid for them again during the next 5 years.
Literally, they would have to offer free service before I would consider returning to AT&T DTV and being I'll never do a contract again with anyone for TV, it's not happening.

The $300 card offer I'm still getting from DTV to come back and it's been almost 3 years now. When I had to pack my 2-purchased HR24-500's up and mail back after years of being a loyal customer was the final straw. (I left because they offered no locals after moving to Nebraska)
I warned them, they were losing a customer for life if the HR24's don't stay in my possession. Not only did I purchase outright when first released costing around $500, but I also paid for them again during the next 5 years.
Literally, they would have to offer free service before I would consider returning to AT&T DTV and being I'll never do a contract again with anyone for TV, it's not happening.

They tried something similar with my HR10-250 when I cancelled in 2007 (I think). I found the original T&C and emailed the retention office with it. Never heard another word about it.

Reactions: camo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)