winegard dish problems

canrunin

Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
i have spent hrs on the phone with dish tech support trying to get this thing to work, my horse trailer came with a winegard crank up dish model RM DM46.we have done everything, i guess i will only be able to get the 119 or the 110 on at a time.so i found the 119 locked it in at 96% signal strength on my model 3000 receiver.check switch was showing 119 odd 119 even,went to the program guide seen all the programs.chose one to watch and it hade the name of the show at the top of the screen for a few seconds the n when it goes away the show should come on but all i see is a black screen.after hrs of not getting anywhere other than a black screen after picking something from the guide,i was thinking if i could change the lnb to a dish 500 lnb maybe it would worki understand it might not work but it isnt doing me any good looking at a black screen. anybody have any ideas.or maybe a new idea ive tried alot of them so far.thanks for any help

Unplug the AC power to reset the receiver. If that dosen't work and with a 3000 probably won't replace the receiver it is an antique.(2nd generation of DISH receivers)

if i had a dollar for everytime i reset the receiver? they did say i could upgrade the receiver the only thing is i dont think it will make a difference.the dish tech people say it should work,dont know why i can read channel guide and then get a black screen.is there any other crank up dishes that would get dish 500?

if i had a dollar for everytime i reset the receiver? they did say i could upgrade the receiver the only thing is i dont think it will make a difference.the dish tech people say it should work,dont know why i can read channel guide and then get a black screen.is there any other crank up dishes that would get dish 500?
Of course they don't know why it doesn't work, no one in tech support is old enough to remember a 3000.

Dump it and get a new one like everyone says.

The money it will cost you isn't enough to buy gas to drag that trailer around the block.

Is it every channel that you are getting the black screen on? If not what channels are they black on? A Dish 500 would not work on there because of not having the ability to skew the dish, try tuning it to 110 and looking at channels on there,

i have spent hrs on the phone with dish tech support trying to get this thing to work, my horse trailer came with a winegard crank up dish model RM DM46.we have done everything, i guess i will only be able to get the 119 or the 110 on at a time.so i found the 119 locked it in at 96% signal strength on my model 3000 receiver.check switch was showing 119 odd 119 even,went to the program guide seen all the programs.chose one to watch and it hade the name of the show at the top of the screen for a few seconds the n when it goes away the show should come on but all i see is a black screen.after hrs of not getting anywhere other than a black screen after picking something from the guide,i was thinking if i could change the lnb to a dish 500 lnb maybe it would worki understand it might not work but it isnt doing me any good looking at a black screen. anybody have any ideas.or maybe a new idea ive tried alot of them so far.thanks for any help

My honest opinion is to quit messing around with that winegard crank up dish. Call dish and set up a Dish mover with a receiver upgrade. Goto radio shack and get a tripod mount. Dish will come out and install a dish 500 on your tripod, and your new receiver. Then you won't have to keep messing with that winegard dish when you want to watch channels on the other satellite location. If you move the trailer to another location, you will just have to setup the tripod again. If the trailer is going to stay at the same camp ground all the time, just have dish install a pole mount and forget the tripod.

what kind of LNB is on the dish? It needs to be a legacy E* or direct TV LNB.

His switch test is showing ODD and EVEN, that means its a legacy LNB. DP switch results just refer to each satellite as ALL, unless a particular polarity failed, indicating a problem.

I would suggest the poster consult THE LIST here on this site at the tabs above and check that the channels coming in black are not on 110. If they are still coming up black on 119 channels, check the smart card. If this receiver is old and hasn't been in the system for a while, it might still have the original blue card which has since been replaced by yellow cards. If that's the case, have a CSR send a new card or better yet, a receiver. To be certain its a card issue, check channel 101 and also NASA channel at 213. If both are showing, then its likely the smart card issue I just mentioned or its something like firmware or authorization.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)