Winegard DS-1111 for custom EA Install

alebowgm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
Was looking around online and came across the WINEGARD DS-1111. It appears that the purpose of this device is to attach on to the J mount used for the satellite and let you add another device. Does anyone have any experience with it? Outside of the 'having to be a new customer' restriction, I was thinking that for a custom Eastern Arc install one could point an 18inch dish at 77w and then use either an Eleptical Dish or a Dish 500 to point at 61.5/72.7.

Does anyone know if the WINEGARD DS-1111 will actually support a satellite with the measurements and brackets, or will it only hold an antenna? Is weight a potential issue here?

Looking at the diagrams, I wouldn't trust a standard dish mast to support both the dish installed on it as well as an additional dish. I would think the wind load on the upper dish would be too much for it (especially if your installer missed the stud attaching the original foot plate). So my personal recommendation is don't use it for your idea. However, if you have a mast that uses struts, and you now for sure it is installed properly (struts and center foot plate lags in a stud of some kind) then it would be simple question to Winegard as to the wind load capability of this particular mast.

I have been looking into solutions such as this, as I am not in an EA DMA, so since I want EA at my place, I will need to put up a 1000.4 with a 119 wing dish for my locals. I need something temporary like this so I can take down the wing as soon as my locals become available on EA, without leaving holes or a footplate in my roof

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)