Winegard RM9946 Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rereaves

Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
virginia
Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and in search of parts for my Winegard RM9946 Satellite Dish Antenna. This antenna is mounted on the roof of my motor home. The antenna is 8 years old and Winegard no longer manufacutures this model. Do you have any suggestion on source for parts.

Thanks
Ron

You might try finding a parts unit on Craig's List or eBay.

RV Partfinder seems to list some goodies: Select a Product

Winegard seems 100% committed to not supporting discontinued equipment.

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and in search of parts for my Winegard RM9946 Satellite Dish Antenna. This antenna is mounted on the roof of my motor home. The antenna is 8 years old and Winegard no longer manufacutures this model. Do you have any suggestion on source for parts.

Thanks
Ron

Welcome to Satellite Guys:)

Can you tell me what parts you're looking for?

Hi, I seem to be going through a learn curve with the site, sorry if I duplicate the post. As noted in prior post I'm trying to repair my old RM9946 Winegard antenna. The unis has an electrical problem (maybe more than one). I "think" the PC board inside the control box which is mounted to the antenna has a broken solder joint. If I apply pressure to the board I can change the antenna performance. Currently in the manual mode I can rotate the antenna and move it up but I can not move it down. If I hit the down button the controller indicates a "Motor Stall or Limit" and locks up. The antenna will not "auto stow" it tilts back and then locks up with a motor stall error. All gears and motors seem to be ok. As indicated I may have more than one problem. I'm also trying to replace the control cable however Winegard has modified the standard cat5, RJ45 cable in some way.

Thanks again,
Ron

Hi, I seem to be going through a learn curve with the site, sorry if I duplicate the post. As noted in prior post I'm trying to repair my old RM9946 Winegard antenna. The unis has an electrical problem (maybe more than one). I "think" the PC board inside the control box which is mounted to the antenna has a broken solder joint. If I apply pressure to the board I can change the antenna performance. Currently in the manual mode I can rotate the antenna and move it up but I can not move it down. If I hit the down button the controller indicates a "Motor Stall or Limit" and locks up. The antenna will not "auto stow" it tilts back and then locks up with a motor stall error. All gears and motors seem to be ok. As indicated I may have more than one problem. I'm also trying to replace the control cable however Winegard has modified the standard cat5, RJ45 cable in some way.

Thanks again,
Ron

Welcome to the site !!!

Have you contacted Winegard ?
I would look into seeing if they have a replacement for your particular set up seeing it is as old as it is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts