Wing Dish for a handful of PI channels

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I've only been with Dish for 1 week now and like it very much.

One question, I closely checked the channels against the ones listed that I should be able to receive. I'm only missing a handful of PI channels that exist only on 61.5 or 129. I currently have only one receiver and a Dish 500 on 110 and 119.

I know I have good LOS for both 61.5 and 129 - which would be better to get the PI channels and would it make any difference with Washington DC locals as to which one I point to?

Wait a minute...I thought that Dish only installed either an Eastern arc or Western arc dish for new installs. Why did chapelrun end up with a Dish 500? If you had one of the new dishes, it would get all three satellites with one dish.

Correct, I installed everything myself so that I could avoid signing a two year agreement.

So far so good.

Dish 500 - free (many in hayloft)
VIP211K - $19 off of Craiglist
monthly charge - $15.74 for Welcome Pack

Im very happy with this setup - I guess I can only complain to my installer (which would be talking to myself). :)

OK, finally got the wing dish up and running on 61.5.

I now have about 5 additional PI channels and my locals are now in HD (but 4x3 format)

Started out with a Dish 300 but the signal levels were a bit too low. Replaced the Dish 300 with a Dish 500 which helped the signals to go higher. I now have two Dish 500's.

119 SS - 69 on TP 21
110 SS - 70 on TP 21
61.5 SS - 63 on TP 20

Clear day, some clouds - but mostly blue skies.

Correct, I installed everything myself so that I could avoid signing a two year agreement.

So far so good.

Dish 500 - free (many in hayloft)
VIP211K - $19 off of Craiglist
monthly charge - $15.74 for Welcome Pack

Im very happy with this setup - I guess I can only complain to my installer (which would be talking to myself). :)

You got a great deal there! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts