Wing Dish for a handful of PI channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I've only been with Dish for 1 week now and like it very much.

One question, I closely checked the channels against the ones listed that I should be able to receive. I'm only missing a handful of PI channels that exist only on 61.5 or 129. I currently have only one receiver and a Dish 500 on 110 and 119.

I know I have good LOS for both 61.5 and 129 - which would be better to get the PI channels and would it make any difference with Washington DC locals as to which one I point to?

Wait a minute...I thought that Dish only installed either an Eastern arc or Western arc dish for new installs. Why did chapelrun end up with a Dish 500? If you had one of the new dishes, it would get all three satellites with one dish.

Correct, I installed everything myself so that I could avoid signing a two year agreement.

So far so good.

Dish 500 - free (many in hayloft)
VIP211K - $19 off of Craiglist
monthly charge - $15.74 for Welcome Pack

Im very happy with this setup - I guess I can only complain to my installer (which would be talking to myself). :)

OK, finally got the wing dish up and running on 61.5.

I now have about 5 additional PI channels and my locals are now in HD (but 4x3 format)

Started out with a Dish 300 but the signal levels were a bit too low. Replaced the Dish 300 with a Dish 500 which helped the signals to go higher. I now have two Dish 500's.

119 SS - 69 on TP 21
110 SS - 70 on TP 21
61.5 SS - 63 on TP 20

Clear day, some clouds - but mostly blue skies.

Correct, I installed everything myself so that I could avoid signing a two year agreement.

So far so good.

Dish 500 - free (many in hayloft)
VIP211K - $19 off of Craiglist
monthly charge - $15.74 for Welcome Pack

Im very happy with this setup - I guess I can only complain to my installer (which would be talking to myself). :)

You got a great deal there! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)