Wing Dish Question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

66mustang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Greeneville,TN
Anyone have any luck using a Dish 500 as a wing dish for the 129 bird? I already have a Dish 500 with a DPP LNB and a 500 with no lnb. The 129 is not that great where I'm from. Just wanting the best possible signal. After hearing all the war stories about the 1000.2 and the 129 it made me curious.

Anyone have any luck using a Dish 500 as a wing dish for the 129 bird? I already have a Dish 500 with a DPP LNB and a 500 with no lnb. The 129 is not that great where I'm from. Just wanting the best possible signal. After hearing all the war stories about the 1000.2 and the 129 it made me curious.
You will need a Dish Pro Single or Dual LNB and an "I" adapter.

Where are you located? 129 should be fairly easy to pickup. I have in the past put 1 LNB into one side of the "Y" yoke and a twin in the other ( with one end sticking out to side) and could get 109, 119 and 129. But as noted, it works well with a standalone 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located? 129 should be fairly easy to pickup. I have in the past put 1 LNB into one side of the "Y" yoke and a twin in the other ( with one end sticking out to side) and could get 109, 119 and 129. But as noted, it works well with a standalone 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm from Greeneville,TN. The 129 bird is tricky in my neighborhood due to so many tress.

I use a single LNB with I adapter, works fine for me, but I had a heck of a time finding signal because of trees. In fact I had to go to opposite end of house from my other dish.
Dan

Until this summer, I was right up the road from you in Johnson City and used a 500 as a wing dish to get a better signal for 129. I had a 500 with a twin for 110 and 119 and a 500 with an I adapter and a single. All ran to a DP34 switch, then into the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)