Winter home bought-can I use Dishmover?

glenns1939

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2003
As a DHP subscriber I have previously taken two of my receivers to Florida with me and used them on my leased manufactured home with another Dish with a dual transponder that I put up. Now I have purchased a home in Florida for use for 5 plus months a year. My Florida Dish has a dual LNB, and now that I own a place I want to bring all 3 301's and my 811 with me. Thus I would need a Quad LNB setup and a 64 switch, and the wiring would be more involved and for the sake of keeping my wife happy I would like the install to be less messy than my own now that we own the property and will have 4 receivers instead of two. Am I stretching this if I call this a MOVE when we head down in November and request the Dishmover install? Technically we are moving, and when we come back we will still have our present dish and wiring to use as our summer address. Any advice or thoughts. Thanks!

glenns1939 said:
As a DHP subscriber I have previously taken two of my receivers to Florida with me and used them on my leased manufactured home with another Dish with a dual transponder that I put up. Now I have purchased a home in Florida for use for 5 plus months a year. My Florida Dish has a dual LNB, and now that I own a place I want to bring all 3 301's and my 811 with me. Thus I would need a Quad LNB setup and a 64 switch, and the wiring would be more involved and for the sake of keeping my wife happy I would like the install to be less messy than my own now that we own the property and will have 4 receivers instead of two. Am I stretching this if I call this a MOVE when we head down in November and request the Dishmover install? Technically we are moving, and when we come back we will still have our present dish and wiring to use as our summer address. Any advice or thoughts. Thanks!

YES.

The DISHMover promo only includes up to two receivers for free, though. I believe DISH direct sales charges $50 for more than two receivers. I don't believe the 61.5 dish is included, unless your Florida address has must-carry channels.

Billing address will change, you will still only get a basic install (no fishing of wires for free).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts