Wire re-routing. Which to snip?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DiscoRage

Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
When our system was installed, the installer used the existing coax network in our house. There are 4 wires coming from an SW44 switch running to 4 different rooms. As of now only 3 receiver are being used. However, one is a dual tuner PVR and I would like to re-route one of the lines.

This is outside the house. Pretty typical.
1.jpg

Here are the wires coming in from the SW44 and being fed into the house's existing coax network.
2.jpg

You can't really see it, but each wire is labeled 1-4.
3.jpg

Now for the questions. Pretty stupid one first, but I'm assuming the numbers on the wires correspond to the output number on the SW44. Correct?

Also, once I figure out which wire feeds to the outlet that is no longer being used, is it alright to snip it, and re-route it into the second tuner of my PVR?

Thanks for the help!

That's what I plan on doing, but it's 11 PM, and there's a creek behind my house. It's mosquito central out there so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to try anything.

I just want someone to confirm that all of my assumptions are right before I go and screw something up.

I'd still like some input so I have some ideas for tomorrow when I actually try this. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

no one knows... its not a "normal" thing done at every install. someone numbered them... who and why, the only person that knows is the one that did it.

sorry

no one knows... its not a "normal" thing done at every install. someone numbered them... who and why, the only person that knows is the one that did it.

sorry

I'm not surprised it's not normal. Installers in this town seem to be complete dinks. After I moved out of my Mother's apartment, I left a dual LNB dish with an SW44 mounted on my balcony. Another tenant in the building was using out balcony to mount their dish because they lived in the basement and good get a good line of sight. When they canceled their service, I guess an installer came to remove their equipment. My dish and switch magically disappeared around the same time. Great. $200 worth of equipment gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts