wireless access point advice

dahauss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Can someone recommend a good wireless access point that will cover a 2200 sq ft town home without dropping too much signal? I need this for my av setup which is in a walkout basement. I currently have a linksys ad then another wireless repeater but the signal is not constant. Is there a little higher end access point I could purchase to resolve this issue. I need to be able to stream video from roku, use streaming radio on my receiver etc.

Thanks ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ubiquiti power apn. Love it.. I will never buy another garbage linksys, net gear, etc home router. Those are like 40mw if you are lucky. This one is 600mw or 1000mw if you enable it in the telnet session.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I back digiblur up on what he says. Ubiquiti has much more power and more options in the radio. Another company is Deliberant. You get radios that are around the same price and much better.

I also use the powerline adapter set up. Router is upstairs and theater is downstairs. I also have my printer on other side of house on it. They stream hulu/vudu and dish just fine. There are several different types so make sure you get the right one. The other plus is it plug and play no big deal.