Wireless for DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I thought this was worth posting twice....

OK. Once again they have lost me. I got a call today saying that my installation has been cancelled. I called them back to ask why and it was because my FATHER had an account with them and still owes them money. That was over 5 years ago and I don't live within 200 miles of him. They also will not refund the $118 I paid up front for a second HD DVR and taxes on it. They told me I would have to dispute in with my bank. Thank you DirecTV for reaffirming my belief that you undeniably suck donkey balls coated in fecal matter. I can't even come up with a word for how much I hate DirecTV at this point.

So ends my stay in the DirecTV forum. May you be treated better than I have been. ;)

Well, that s*cks. You might want to send an e-mail to ellen.filipiak@directv.com, that get's you to a VP of customer care office, maybe someone there can help get your money back or get your install to progress.

Well, that s*cks. You might want to send an e-mail to ellen.filipiak@directv.com, that get's you to a VP of customer care office, maybe someone there can help get your money back or get your install to progress.

Thanks. I'll try that depending on what my bank says. If I do get an install to progress it won't be this one. It will take a while for me to reconsider after hearing what I just heard. The only positive in this is that the woman on the phone said they wouldn't dispute it back. I'd rather be treated like a low priority by Comcast than a fraudulent criminal by DirecTV. I swear to God, if I see an ETF come out of my bank account there will be hell to pay...

Thanks. I'll try that depending on what my bank says. If I do get an install to progress it won't be this one. It will take a while for me to reconsider after hearing what I just heard. The only positive in this is that the woman on the phone said they wouldn't dispute it back. I'd rather be treated like a low priority by Comcast than a fraudulent criminal by DirecTV. I swear to God, if I see an ETF come out of my bank account there will be hell to pay...

I just cancelled my debit card just in case. I am having a flashback to when they charged me $400+ for their receivers when their return box never arrived. They don't want my business, so they can't have my money.

I just cancelled my debit card just in case. I am having a flashback to when they charged me $400+ for their receivers when their return box never arrived. They don't want my business, so they can't have my money.

A good ROT is when returning anything to a vendor is to get a receipt from the shipping company showing that you've mailed the item so now you've put the fault on the shipped and they can fight the vendor.

A good ROT is when returning anything to a vendor is to get a receipt from the shipping company showing that you've mailed the item so now you've put the fault on the shipped and they can fight the vendor.

Actually it was a shipping error the other way. They said they sent the return boxes to me and I checked the FedEx web site and they said they were delivered to me. They were nowhere to be found. Two days later I was charged. I doubt that was enough time for me to send them back even if I did get the return boxes...

It was not entirely the fault of DirecTV, but they didn't give me enough time to send their stuff back anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I eventually got that sorted out, but it was a low blow by them to dip into my bank account when I had already told them the boxes didn't come. I won't be taken advantage of by them again.

DECA-MOCA,cappucino, I don't care,as long as D* picks up the tab for it to work correctly throughout my house.

If you're an existing customer and wanting DECA installed I think you'll be looking at an additional charge to do that.

Once again they have lost me. I got a call today saying that my installation has been cancelled. I called them back to ask why and it was because my FATHER had an account with them and still owes them money. That was over 5 years ago and I don't live within 200 miles of him. They also will not refund the $118 I paid up front for a second HD DVR and taxes on it.

Is it just me or does anyone else think there's more to this story ?

I've never heard of a company not allowing one person to become a new subscriber because a parent, brother, or sister, etc... 200 miles away had an account 5 years ago and still owes money.

Is it just me or does anyone else think there's more to this story ?

I've never heard of a company not allowing one person to become a new subscriber because a parent, brother, or sister, etc... 200 miles away had an account 5 years ago and still owes money.

I am not sure if you are questioning my honesty, but that is what they told me. I've never heard of it either, but I got a call saying my installation had been cancelled and to call them back to discuss why. I think they think I am my father which is quite ridiculous. The only thing I can think of is that I lived with him and had bills coming to that address when he had DirecTV.

I am not sure if you are questioning my honesty, but that is what they told me. I've never heard of it either, but I got a call saying my installation had been cancelled and to call them back to discuss why. I think they think I am my father which is quite ridiculous. The only thing I can think of is that I lived with him and had bills coming to that address when he had DirecTV.

Do you and Dad have the same name ?

If so, point out that you are Jr or whatever the case may be.
Seeing you don't LIVE with him, there should be no issues.

I would try again, maybe the person was incorrect in what they stated.
Be sure to contact the email address given earlier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)