wireless is greatness

Status
Please reply by conversation.

quminottie

Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Hey everyone,

I just got a HD DVR and want to try out/use the OnDemand service, however, I'm in a pickle.

I have a wireless network set up in one room with my PC, and my TV and DirecTV are in another room. I looked around and it looks like I need a "wireless bridge" so I can get the wireless singal into the living room where the receiver is.

Is this correct and has anyone else set this up? Has it worked out ok? Wish it had a wireless connection like my PS3, then everything would be gravy. Thanks everyone. Stay awesome.

Stefan.

If you participate in the Cutting Edge (CE) program, where you download early release software on Friday/Saturday nights, there is a new feature in there for using a Linksys WGA600N gaming adapter and configure it via on screen menues on the HR20/HR21 DVR's. Even if you don't do the CE's that's the box you might want to get since it looks like that's the one that D*'s recommending to use.

Another option is to buy DirecTV's networking kit directly from their website. It's a pair of HomePlug adapters and is much easier to setup than wireless.

Here is what I did.

I upgraded to a SWM setup. Since only 1 line was needed now for the HD DVR, I took the second line and connected my cable modem to it. I then hooked up a wireless router. The HD DVR connects to that wireless router and so do all the computers and PS3.

IMHO, it is a lot easier to get a computer to connect wirelessly then the HD DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)