Wireless joey 4?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I have been trying for several months to have this unit installed, but have always been rejected.
Now I am beginning to wonder if I am actually missing anything by not having it.
I do not have the H3, so I have no way to receive 4K programming.
Does this unit have built in apps or anything that would allow me to receive anything 4K?
Is there really any advantage of having it?

I have been trying for several months to have this unit installed, but have always been rejected.
Now I am beginning to wonder if I am actually missing anything by not having it.
I do not have the H3, so I have no way to receive 4K programming.
Does this unit have built in apps or anything that would allow me to receive anything 4K?
Is there really any advantage of having it?
It has android tv software. So you can download any streaming app you want plus many other kinds of apps. If the app offers 4k programming then yes you'd be able to watch it in 4k. But as mentioned in some of your other posts, to get it through dish would also require the hopper plus to be added, which they will only add for one hopper and not both. Otherwise you need to purchase the wifi joey4 through a third party then call in to activate it and deactivate your old wifi Joeys.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It has android tv software. So you can download any streaming app you want plus many other kinds of apps. If the app offers 4k programming then yes you'd be able to watch it in 4k. But as mentioned in some of your other posts, to get it through dish would also require the hopper plus to be added, which they will only add for one hopper and not both. Otherwise you need to purchase the wifi joey4 through a third party then call in to activate it and deactivate your old wifi Joeys.
I've been told, (but can't find anything to confirm) that the Joey 4...wired and wireless require the Hopper 3 to function.

But I want to say that I've seen accounts with a Joey 4 and a HopperSling Recently, so I don't know if this is correct or not.

I'll double check with a teammate later this evening.

I’ve heard sometimes work orders requests for SuperJoeys to be installed. I tell you the truth I don’t see a reason why super Joeys are being installed these days I heard some techs are having trouble getting them activated on customers accounts these days unless Dish got this fixed just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been told, (but can't find anything to confirm) that the Joey 4...wired and wireless require the Hopper 3 to function.

But I want to say that I've seen accounts with a Joey 4 and a HopperSling Recently, so I don't know if this is correct or not.

I'll double check with a teammate later this evening.
They work with HWS's