Wireless Joey Connection Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

plumerman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
I have the hopper 3 with three wireless joeys and they are connected to a wireless joey acces point. Several times a day they lose connection to the access point. I reset the access point , boots up and everything reconnects. Have had the system for over a year without issues and for the last week I have been having this issue. Should I connect to my home router instead or just order another access point?

I'm just about ready to throw my damn Joey through a window! It constantly drops connection, the screen goes black randomly with no rhyme or reason (and I have to reboot it). I absolutely hate the damn 1am reboot. And how do you order another access point and what does that even mean?

I had the same problem(s) as above. It turned out to be a bad Node (or Hub, whatever). Once replaced, I've only had to reset WAP every couple of weeks or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
The first question to always ask is, how far are the Joeys from the WAP? Is the WAP out in the open or hidden behind the TV, in an enclosed area, etc. You an change the reboot time. Go to Menu/Settings/Power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)