Wireless Joey issues

Marktown

Original poster
Oct 14, 2021
Edmond OK
I’m sure this has been discussed previously but I am new to this group, so I apologize. I have a hopper three with multiple wireless Joeys. I don’t have any problems with three of them, but number four at the hot tub doesn’t work near as well as the others Including the one on the back porch. The hot tub Joey is the furthest away from the wifi. I’ve been doing some research about different ways to increase the signal strength to the Joey but I’m looking for the best method besides running a Cat5e to it. Please advise, thanks

FYI I just read up last night on how to check the reception of the Joey, but I have not been able to check it yet so I cannot tell you the signal strength

How many Dish network wireless access points (WAP) do you have? One WAP can support 3 Joeys, if you have four on one WAP that may be part of the problem.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are they both connected to the Hopper or is one on a HIC? One idea that comes to mind is grabbing a WAP and placing it in a better position, if you can put it on a shelf or even better, use a longer CAT5e cable and place it in a more optimal/central place in the house.

Are they both connected to the Hopper or is one on a HIC? One idea that comes to mind is grabbing a WAP and placing it in a better position, if you can put it on a shelf or even better, use a longer CAT5e cable and place it in a more optimal/central place in the house.
Both of them are connected to the hopper

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts