Wireless joey new customer questions

Phxbro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I have recently signed up with dish with a 2 year contract. If I want to get a wireless joey:
1. Will there be another credit check when leasing?
2. What is the monthly leasing fee for a wireless joey?
3. If you buy a wireless joey will there be no additional monthly fees?
4. Where do you purchase a wireless joey? I see amazon does not sell it and I get nervous purchasing electronics from other websites.
5. If I end up leasing a wireless joey will I still get my year of discounts from being a new customer? Just don't want to mess up my deals.
6. Lastly silly question but the wireless joey is your “box“ that you need right? You don't need another box attached to the wireless joey except some kind of access point I hear about?

I have recently signed up with dish with a 2 year contract. If I want to get a wireless joey:
1. Will there be another credit check when leasing? Any time you do an upgrade Dish uses your credit card. You will renew another contract as well.
2. What is the monthly leasing fee for a wireless joey? $7
3. If you buy a wireless joey will there be no additional monthly fees? Owning equipment does not get rid of the fee. It only avoids renewing a contract.
4. Where do you purchase a wireless joey? I see amazon does not sell it and I get nervous purchasing electronics from other websites.
You can purchase one from a retailer. The Wireless access point needs to be purchased regardless for $50 and the Wireless Joey retails at $99.
5. If I end up leasing a wireless joey will I still get my year of discounts from being a new customer? Just don't want to mess up my deals.
Your current deals will not be affected.
6. Lastly silly question but the wireless joey is your “box“ that you need right? You don't need another box attached to the wireless joey accept some kind of access point I hear about? There is a Wireless Access Point that goes by the Hopper and there is a Wireless Joey that goes by the TV you want connected. Both stand upright and are slightly larger than a regular Joey.

1. Will there be another credit check when leasing? Any time you do an upgrade Dish uses your credit card. You will renew another contract as well.
2. What is the monthly leasing fee for a wireless joey? $7
3. If you buy a wireless joey will there be no additional monthly fees? Owning equipment does not get rid of the fee. It only avoids renewing a contract.
You can purchase one from a retailer. The Wireless access point needs to be purchased regardless for $50 and the Wireless Joey retails at $99.
Your current deals will not be affected.
6. Lastly silly question but the wireless joey is your “box“ that you need right? You don't need another box attached to the wireless joey accept some kind of access point I hear about? There is a Wireless Access Point that goes by the Hopper and there is a Wireless Joey that goes by the TV you want connected. Both stand upright and are slightly larger than a regular Joey.
Thanks you! Looks like leasing is the better deal especially when I just signed a 2 year contract no biggie renewing it at this point

As a side question, what is dish doing with the credit card during this process? I'm just used to a social security number being used for a credit check and not a credit card. Is that just a new thing that you can do credit checks on credit cards or are they like testing a $1k transaction to see if I have a big enough balance?

As a side question, what is dish doing with the credit card during this process? I'm just used to a social security number being used for a credit check and not a credit card. Is that just a new thing that you can do credit checks on credit cards or are they like testing a $1k transaction to see if I have a big enough balance?

If you signed up as a new customer you would have had to provide a credit or debit card and social security card along with your birth date. When doing an upgrade you need to provide a credit or debit card as well. It's just the way their system is set up so it doesn't matter if you just signed up or not. The typical customer that is upgrading has been a customer for a few years at least. Dish usually wants to have a card on file for the equipment you are leasing.

If you signed up as a new customer you would have had to provide a credit or debit card and social security card along with your birth date. When doing an upgrade you need to provide a credit or debit card as well. It's just the way their system is set up so it doesn't matter if you just signed up or not. The typical customer that is upgrading has been a customer for a few years at least. Dish usually wants to have a card on file for the equipment you are leasing.
I just moved in a new house and only have 2 tvs, with a hopper and super joey. On black Friday we will pick up a couple cheap tv and I wanted to get a wireless joey at that point. I know a little backwards

I just moved in a new house and only have 2 tvs, with a hopper and super joey. On black Friday we will pick up a couple cheap tv and I wanted to get a wireless joey at that point. I know a little backwards

Not a big deal. A lot of people add equipment or change equipment within the first year. There just just a lot more that don't upgrade until years later.

Side question if anyone reads this. If I get a cheap tv is it ok to leave it outside under a covered patio? I live in Phoenix so don't have to worry about rain that often but when it does rain I would just bring it inside. I guess my main concern is would extreme heat during the summer 110 degrees plus or the occasion freezing temperatures in the winter have a negative effect? Just looking to get a $99 tv on black Friday so if it dies it's not the end of the world, just wanted to get some feedback on leaving a TV outside.

Electronics do not like extremes. If your outside TV to be is light enough, I'd move it out there when I was using the outside patio only...

Electronics do not like extremes. If your outside TV to be is light enough, I'd move it out there when I was using the outside patio only...
That's a great idea. Only planned on watching TV once in awhile outside. Thanks you sir!

You will want a TV protector of some sort in oh:mad:I'm next door in Mesa), because the dust will play a huge part in the life of the television. Also, especially today be 93 and that's a cooler day, you may want something that is a heat barrier of some sort. I leave my tv's underneath my ac vents

Didn't even think about the haboobs we get (only me and you know what that is lol) maybe a grill cover would do the trick if I wanted to leave it outside.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Didn't even think about the haboobs we get (only me and you know what that is lol) maybe a grill cover would do the trick if I wanted to leave it outside.

Haboob! hahahahaha. That's a funny word. :oldlaugh

Lol. Yea. Growing up they were dust storms. Coming back from Iraq, suddenly everyone calls them a haboob. But I would say something like a particle board case with a thin plexiglass cover. If you go to the bars, a lot of them have that setup and tends to work well for the whole years weather. Can change up the particle board If you can think of something else.

Lol. Yea. Growing up they were dust storms. Coming back from Iraq, suddenly everyone calls them a haboob. But I would say something like a particle board case with a thin plexiglass cover. If you go to the bars, a lot of them have that setup and tends to work well for the whole years weather. Can change up the particle board If you can think of something else.
Even better idea. Duh that's exactly what bars do. Gives me a reason to go to home depot and use some tools... And real quick on the haboobs your exactly right I grew up in the valley and no one said haboob but in the past 7 years or so you barely hear dust storm being used. I think it has to do with people like saying haboob it's like getting away with saying a dirty word.

It's the weather man's Christmas when he gets to use that

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts