Wireless Joey problem

ashecnc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Asheville, NC
We have been having a wireless Joey problem for about 2 months now. When we try to watch something on the DVR, all the main folders show up, however, once we try to open the folder, no episodes will load. If I reset the main until, it works. Has anyone else encountered this?? Thanks for any advice..btw, we have the Hopper 3

We have been having a wireless Joey problem for about 2 months now. When we try to watch something on the DVR, all the main folders show up, however, once we try to open the folder, no episodes will load. If I reset the main until, it works. Has anyone else encountered this?? Thanks for any advice..btw, we have the Hopper 3
Not that, but I'm having other issues with my Wireless Joey. Sometimes, when I go to bed, I turn on the TV and it shows a total signal loss on the Wireless Joey. Even though in Whole Home it shows connected to the WAP and the Hopper. The only fix is to reboot all three devices. Then the other night, I was watching TV in bed, and all of a sudden it started pixelating and freezing. The signal to the WAP had dropped from around 70 to 29. After I rebooted everything it was back to 70ish
[automerge]1580442825[/automerge]

Good morning, ashecnc. We definitely hate to hear that you're having issues with your Wireless Joey and accessing the shows in your DVR folders. When you go into the folder to select the show(s), does it just sit on a loading screen or does it go straight to a blank folder screen?

Not that, but I'm having other issues with my Wireless Joey. Sometimes, when I go to bed, I turn on the TV and it shows a total signal loss on the Wireless Joey. Even though in Whole Home it shows connected to the WAP and the Hopper. The only fix is to reboot all three devices. Then the other night, I was watching TV in bed, and all of a sudden it started pixelating and freezing. The signal to the WAP had dropped from around 70 to 29. After I rebooted everything it was back to 70ish
[automerge]1580442825[/automerge]
Hey, HipKat. We absolutely hate to hear that you're having issues with your Wireless Joey losing signal. Do you happen to have any other Wireless Joeys, and if so, are they having the same issue?

Hey, HipKat. We absolutely hate to hear that you're having issues with your Wireless Joey losing signal. Do you happen to have any other Wireless Joeys, and if so, are they having the same issue?

O, and this is this same set up he has work fine for three years before you ask it’s only about 20 feet from my bedroom to the living room.

I would consider having my company set up a work order so I can swap the access point, but of course this happens right when access points and wireless Joey’s go on acquisition.......

O, and this is this same set up he has work fine for three years before you ask it’s only about 20 feet from my bedroom to the living room.

I would consider having my company set up a work order so I can swap the access point, but of course this happens right when access points and wireless Joey’s go on acquisition.......
Thank you for that information. At this time, we will need you to call in and speak with one of our amazing tech agents to determine if it's an issue with the Joey or with the WAP. Unfortunately, our SatGuys team is unable to access account, however our amazing tech agents would be more than happy to assist you with getting this resolved as soon as possible. They can reached at 1-800-333-3474 or by chatting in at Request Rejected.

Good morning, ashecnc. We definitely hate to hear that you're having issues with your Wireless Joey and accessing the shows in your DVR folders. When you go into the folder to select the show(s), does it just sit on a loading screen or does it go straight to a blank folder screen?
It sits and shows loading on the screen, and never changes

It sits and shows loading on the screen, and never changes
That's definitely not good to hear, ashecnc. Let's go ahead and unplug all of the receivers and the Wireless Access Point for 30 seconds then we'll plug in the Hopper, then the Wireless Access Point then the Joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts