Wireless Joey Troubles

Well, the tech was here today (actually, now that I look at the clock, it would be yesterday) and asked why we even NEEDED wireless. My house is only 1200 square feet. I think the tech that installed us when we moved was just lazy and didn’t want to run wire under my house in the cold weather is all that was. But I digress.....

To answer the question asked about the distance from the WAP to the Joeys....one of the Joeys is LITERALLY on the other side of the wall from the WAP.....but if I had to measure the distance walking from one room to the other instead of through the wall, I would say MAYBE 12 feet. The other is MAYBE 10 feet more than that. My bedroom and my living room have a common wall, and my guest bedroom is directly next to my bedroom with a hallway in between the living room and the bedrooms.

In any case, the tech is coming back tomorrow to replace the wireless Joeys with wired ones so we don’t have these troubles any longer. He would have done it today, but he didn’t have enough Joey 2’s on his truck for the jobs he had scheduled. I’ll just be glad to not have to hear my husband and my mother in law hollering every 15 minutes “DAWN......THE TV IS MESSED UP AGAIN!!!!!”

Maybe HipKat can chime in
I'm with Bobby, also. Node = DPP, Hub = DPH. Using a Node with a Hybrid LNBF is a mismatch and the H3 requires DPH/Hybrid.

I've done upgrades from a Hopper/Sling and H2000 to H3, replaced the LNBF and the onsite Hopper will go back to live TV, but the Joeys won't. Same thing with upgrading from a 722. After the LNBF is swapped, the 722 will go back to live TV, but no signal to the TV2.

It's just a technology mismatch. Like trying to run an Apple program on WIndows

Reactions: charlesrshell
What I’m saying is that the hub isn’t what slows the 16 tuners. If the hub did that there wouldn’t be a need for the new lnbf or the dph42 switch. If you lay everything out in a diagram the hub and the node go in the same place in the system. Lnb-> node/hub -> splitter/tap -> hopper/joey(s).

https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/h3_dph_info.pdf
And what I'm saying is that the electronics in the hub and the node are entirely different. Both the LNB and the hub are integral pieces in the setup. As HipKat just told you, if you mismatch a hybrid LNB with a node, or vice versa, it ain't gonna work.

And what I'm saying is that the electronics in the hub and the node are entirely different. Both the LNB and the hub are integral pieces in the setup. As HipKat just told you, if you mismatch a hybrid LNB with a node, or vice versa, it ain't gonna work.

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m not saying there compatible. I’m saying the role the hub plays in the hybrid system is the role the node plays in the no-hybrid system. I’m not saying there in any way compatible. A hybrid system is: lnb -> HUB -> receiver, and non-hybrid/legacy is: lnb -> NODE -> receiver. Notice how the HUB and NODE are the second piece of equipment in the setup?

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Node band stacks 2 lines from a DPP LNB to provide 3 tuners to a Hopper 1 or 2.

The Hub is more like a tap and just provides a way to break out the MoCA from the satellite signal using a Hybrid LNB or Hybrid switch. You don't even need a Hub if you're using just a Hopper and no Joeys or other Hoppers.

The Node band stacks 2 lines from a DPP LNB to provide 3 tuners to a Hopper 1 or 2.

The Hub is more like a tap and just provides a way to break out the MoCA from the satellite signal from the Hybrid LNB or Hybrid switch. You don't even need a Hub if you're using just a Hopper and no Joeys or other Hoppers.

Now I can agree. Earlier someone tried saying the hub was what made 16 tuners possible. It’s the lnb that make the 16 tuners possible. That’s why in order to keep the no-hybrid lnb you need a dph42 switch which has the additional internals the hybrid lnb has.

The Hub is more like a tap and just provides a way to break out the MoCA from the satellite signal using a Hybrid LNB or Hybrid switch. You don't even need a Hub if you're using just a Hopper and no Joeys or other Hoppers.

Yessir, didn’t read this before my last reply but from the start I figured the hub was a glorified tap

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)