Wireless transmission of video and sound

mkp3109h

Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
Hi - I am anew user to this forum. I have a Dish Network receiver DVR that is hooked to a TV in the kitchen of our home. The only way I can get video and audio signal to the rest of the home is by using the coaxial out connection on the back and use it to feed a distribution box in my basement.

The problem is I have no way to run any wiring for audio from the reciever to my TV in the living room; thus no surround sound capability. What I would like to know is if there are reasonably priced ways to get audio (and perhaps video) from my reciever to other TV's in the home wirelessly?

All my coax is 30 years old and the home is completely finished off top to bottom with no way short of surface wiring toget signal around.

Any ideas and help appreciated.

WELCOME

What quality and you looking for? As wireless will likely not provide great or IMHO reliable service for enjoyment.

However, I have been in many "fully finished" homes and was cost effectively able to fish wiring and cabling nearly anywhere in the home and garage. And if you go this route; you may as well do multiple types at the same time; RG6, CAT6, speaker, etc.

It can be done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)