Wiring diagram for Hopper + VIP211 (DPP44)?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I've done some research and it sounds like you are allowed to have one VIP211 on the same system as Hopper/Joey.

How does the wiring diagram look like?

Right now I have a Dish 1000.4 LNBF connected to a DPP44 switch. How would the Hopper/Joey be connected?

Port 1 of your switch to the power inserter. 2 ports off the switch to the solo node and the Hopper system. The 211 could run off of port 1 or the 4th port. I've only used a 44 switch once with a H/J and it was a 2 hopper system so the power inserter was just plugged in off a line into the basement.

Are you sure? I thought if you had a tailgater you were allowed one vip 211 on the account...

If you have a tailgater or owned receiver you should be ok. In theory if you had a 1 hopper system you could eliminate the switch completely. Run 2 sat feeds to the node and the 3rd one to the 211.

If you have a tailgater or owned receiver you should be ok. In theory if you had a 1 hopper system you could eliminate the switch completely. Run 2 sat feeds to the node and the 3rd one to the 211.

I'd really like to know if that is true that it doesn't have to be a 211K receiver but only an owned receiver. If that's the case I can keep the 722K for the motorhome and switch to H/J for at home. Can someone here please get clarification on this one?

Thanks in advance, Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts