Wiring out Invacom LNB L and C Outputs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Can the L and C outputs of a Invacom LNB be wired out to a sw21 switch at the Dish, and then to a DiseQC switch? Will a Satellite Receiver ie. ViewSat recognize BOTH L and C thru the sw21 as long as the Legacy Switch option in Antenna Settings is set for sw21? Or do you have to wire out Both L and C separately to the DiseQC switch? (I only have one downlead to the sat receiver).

Can the L and C outputs of a Invacom LNB be wired out to a sw21 switch at the Dish, and then to a DiseQC switch? Will a Satellite Receiver ie. ViewSat recognize BOTH L and C thru the sw21 as long as the Legacy Switch option in Antenna Settings is set for sw21? Or do you have to wire out Both L and C separately to the DiseQC switch? (I only have one downlead to the sat receiver).

wire both C & L to the diseqc. The Dish sw21 switch only works for Dish receivers and not FTA receivers.

Wiring out Invacom LNB L & C outputs

wire both C & L to the diseqc. The Dish sw21 switch only works for Dish receivers and not FTA receivers.

Thanks for the reply. The SW-21 Switch I purchased at the local Winnipeg Dealer was a Microyal SW-21 switch, (not a Dish unit). Would this make any difference?

Wiring out Invacom L & C Outputs

still wont work. a 22k switch will work or a diseqc switch

Can I ask just one more (dumb) question. I am trying to save having to run another 40 foot coax to other side of the roof where my downlead into the basement is. I recently picked up 2 Chieta 1.5 dB switches on ebay. Would disconnecting the SW-21 and putting in one Chieta DiseQC at the Fortec dish, then running it over to a second Chieta DiseQC to the downlead work? Or would this add too much loss?

Can I ask just one more (dumb) question. I am trying to save having to run another 40 foot coax to other side of the roof where my downlead into the basement is. I recently picked up 2 Chieta 1.5 dB switches on ebay. Would disconnecting the SW-21 and putting in one Chieta DiseQC at the Fortec dish, then running it over to a second Chieta DiseQC to the downlead work? Or would this add too much loss?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can chain Diseqc switches like that.

You could certainly run your L and C ports to a 22 kHz switch, and take that output and run it to a Diseqc further down the line.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can chain Diseqc switches like that.
easy answer-you are correct
little more advanced answer-there are some boxes that you can daisy chain switches but you need specific switches to do it

You could certainly run your L and C ports to a 22 kHz switch, and take that output and run it to a Diseqc further down the line.

yes that will work. That is how I can get 8 LNB's on the T90 dish to one box
22k switch on each of the 4 outputs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)